Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop is randomly switching between Internal and external monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 user0101

user0101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

I have an Asus laptop and  Asus external monitor, connection through HDMI,  Windows 8. 
During installation of v/drivers, Windows recognize the second monitor. However later, it keeps randomly switching between first and second monitor, with different intervals (from 20 sec to 20 min). I don't have this problem when i use Linux, so it doesn't seem as a problem with a cable. Thank you!   

Edited by user0101, 05 December 2014 - 12:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

Uninstall all video drivers over Device manager and select delete software before clicking OK, after please restart PC. After booting let drivers install itself then restart after finished, if it fails to install over Windows Update itself then download latest driver from Asus site and manually install. 

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users