Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost windows 7 admin password how to recover

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lcox

lcox

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

Hi

I wondered whether anyone could help. I have lost the parental admin password for my daughter's laptop, silly I know. Is there anyway of changing it as I have completely forgotten it and there is no access to internet on the laptop. It is a samsung windows 7 starter 2009 service pack 1 32 OS.

Many Thanks   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TripodGG

TripodGG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

Look into the utilman.exe trick.  http://bit.ly/1vvXBOx

Best answer Ive found is this one (says Windows Server, but it works on all modern Windows): http://sysadminstricks.com/tricks/windows-tricks/how-to-reset-administrator-password-on-windows-with-installation-media.html

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

Unfortunately the Forum Rules state...

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

That would include circumventing any measure that are password protected.  Also, since we have no means of verifying if your claim to being the administrator on your dauthter's laptop.

However, if you are willing to do a little reading, this post by hamluis has a number of links where you may find the answer to your predicament.

In future, I'd suggest you create a Password Reset Disk.  Please see:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users