Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want to remove "Google" word from kit kat face search screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:07 AM

HI folks :thumbup2:

Whats crazy is I removed the "google" word from my face screen once and forgot how I did it
i did not remove the bar but did remove the google and "mic" icons.

when i have a beautiful picture on my face screen, if i reduce all the apps to 4 boxes at bottom
with 4 apps in each, it gives the phone a more natural look, i like that.

but seeing google anywhere in my life is a irratation, there are zillions of questions on how to remove the google word and tool bar in kit kat ( infantile name),, somewhat answered on the net,,,but have found none that work, most are answered for the nexis phone.

what beats me, is i did it once but can't remember how.

this is a kyocera brigadiar.

Also how do i remove apps like "NFL" and other bloat ware

thanks

jimbotoo  :scratchhead:

Edit: Topic moved from Cell Phones to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

Are you wanting to remove the Google search bar? If so just long press it and swipe it to the 'trashcan' that will appear.

As for the kitkat OS version name you consider infantile it's the version naming convention Google uses for each new variation of it's OS. "Since April 2009, Android versions have been developed under a confectionery-themed code name and released in alphabetical order" See here for version history list and names.

As for bloatware it all depends on if it's OEM system bloatware or a third party partnership bundled app. If it's a stand alone app just uninstall it. Like any other Google Play app you would install then uninstall.

If it's a system app the best you can do is stop the app from running. Clear the cache and data then disable the app. That will reduce it to it's smallest footprint and it will never run. But it cannot be uninstalled unless you root your device.

You can tell the difference in your settings > apps list if it's able to be uninstalled or not.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

Are you wanting to remove the Google search bar? If so just long press it and swipe it to the 'trashcan' that will appear.

As for the kitkat OS version name you consider infantile it's the version naming convention Google uses for each new variation of it's OS. "Since April 2009, Android versions have been developed under a confectionery-themed code name and released in alphabetical order" See here for version history list and names.

As for bloatware it all depends on if it's OEM system bloatware or a third party partnership bundled app. If it's a stand alone app just uninstall it. Like any other Google Play app you would install then uninstall.

If it's a system app the best you can do is stop the app from running. Clear the cache and data then disable the app. That will reduce it to it's smallest footprint and it will never run. But it cannot be uninstalled unless you root your device.

You can tell the difference in your settings > apps list if it's able to be uninstalled or not.

Hail and good will Animal

As far as i can see you are right, unless the truth does not apply every where which in this case it does not.

Pressing the bar will not creat a trash can on this model to dispose of the google image, as the verizion tect told me, side note here, i have been dealing with walking penumonia for weeks and brains have gone to heck, first few weeks i had phone I some how deleted most of the bloat ware and got "google" off the front, but it excapes me how i did it, had a fever at the time.

Tech said about this phone google is was imbedded deeper, as i write this i think i recall the tech helped me remove some stuff

as he said" people call me -five times a day, to remove "kiddie ware".

I have used privacy app to shut down a lot of blote stuff.

if you google it, there are a ton of folks who just don't want all this commericial junk in their face, there is a app that will pull a lot off that does not root the phone, but i wanted to come here and ask first, cause you guys have a world of difference attitude then the

commercial sites.

As well, i spend a lot of time helping folks who have been "decieved in rather life changing ways" the people who do these things to my clients go to jail for life, I think a thing should be named for what it does, just as a person should be what they say they are at face value.

google, says it means "to do no harm", and yet they are some of the most decieving and criminally socially invasive

people there are. the permissions that one, along with adult privacy gives up to use many of these apps is morally criminal.

Its my space, my life, and anyone who wishes me well, would not decieve me about their interactions with my space, if they really wish me well. these child like deceptions and its negititive outcomes have made "bleeping computer" the mother lode" of phone rehabilitation, phone wise and for the sake of ones mental health and sense of personal security.

For which i sulute you all

I will call tech support, tonight and up date this thread later, as it appears the tech was right, some of the rules just do not apply

Animal, thanks for your usual factual advice.

jimbotoo :bubbles:

#4 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

How It Got Fixed

As it turns out i had a corrupted update, that left some functions null and void, and had to do an update again to correct.

Thr Carrier said i was one of many to call, the first one i talked to said there is a lot of hostility towards the way Google has imbedded many of these programs that can not be removed without rooting the phone.  There is no way to actually remove many of them, they sit in the shadows just talking up space.

For some of this stuff there is a app store app that will actually remove many, and gets outrageous permissions but Google will always sleep in the back ground.

What interest me, is many of these ways of building a phone are illegal in other country's, And i am beginning to see anti virus programs that will just plain block sites from the US, as a standard rule of thumb, as many country's will not even let a site download a invasive tracker cookie, just user interface ones.

seems much of the problem is usa--but-

as another aside, i heard a news report that in china a American has to get a Chinese national, to represent them to even get a cell phone, and last time I looked, it was also illegal for Americans to even buy land in china.

WOW!

Jimbotoo :thumbup2:

Edited by jimbotoo, 06 December 2014 - 05:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users