Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folder redirection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tkenny74

tkenny74

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

I'm about to start using a new CIS that has the ability to scan documents directly into a database but it requires a temp folder to be setup on the C: drive.  Normally, that would be fine but our users are using Surface Pro 3 tablets and that space will fill up quickly since the documents will all be scanned as PDFs.  What I'm trying to do is to redirect the C:\\temp folder to a server.  All tablets have Windows 8.1. Also, will this fix work on Windows 7 Pro laptops?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

I never tried but I there is a way to do that and probably would work only question is what bugs will appear, try it is a insane idea but could really work.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#3 tkenny74

tkenny74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:41 AM

I never tried but I there is a way to do that and probably would work only question is what bugs will appear, try it is a insane idea but could really work.

You have never tried what spilco?? I don't see a link or anything telling me what to try. lol

#4 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

There is a way of editing Temp location and probably will work if you set it somewhere on network drive / server but I would fear from what bugs will show after. Better explained?

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#5 tkenny74

tkenny74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

Oh.  Yes.  I was able to add a folder to a server and put a shortcut on my C:\ drive and that worked as a possible fix for what I'm working on.  I just didn't know if there was a better way of doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users