today I opened up my computer to clean out my graphics cards (Nvidia gtx570's  ) after I installed the latest drivers and when I switched on my computer I had no sound coming out. Here's what I know so far;
- The sound is not muted
- The device manager says everything is working in the sound region
- I have uninstalled my sound drivers and graphic card drivers and reinstalled both, still nothing
- I have done my best effort to figure out if missing codecs are the problem, but keep in mind I am new to the whole audio codec business so this may be effecting something?
- I have checked the BIOS and reset everything to default
- I have tried using headphones and other speakers, still nothing
- When I play music the volume control shows activity
It seems as if everything is in working order except.. I still can't hear anything
I have no idea when it comes to sound cards and what not, could I have knocked a sound cable or something while removing my graphic cards?
Any help is GREATLY appreciated as I have spent my whole day today trying to fix this problem and tracking down forums for help but everything has proved unhelpful.