Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Able to play Dragon Age Inquisition but want to increase FPS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rkoelsch1

rkoelsch1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

Well I think most people would say playing at 6 or 7 FPS is not really being able to play and thats true for anyone who hasn't waited so long to play this game.  I'll have about 600 hundred dollar budget from income tax. If I can upgrade my system I will otherwise I'll get a next gen console and leave the machine for webbrowsing.

Biostar A58MD  Motherboard

AMD A8 7600 CPU

4gb of Ram

XFX Radeon R7 250 graphics card

I have the settings at low but the game still looks amazing to me(all except mesh which is high to avoid the plastic hair)  If I could get to running 20 to 30 consistently I would be happy.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:43 AM

I have everything on ultra and the hair is still plastic-y.  Bioware really should talk to Square Enix about doing hair.

Your CPU should be reasonably fast enough since you aren't using the built-in GPU.  It won't match an FX or i5 in terms of performance, but it really isn't that bad.  However, the AMD APU isn't really meant for pushing x86 performance so you will be limited there.  Assuming your power supply can handle it, you could try a GTX 970 like the ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P GeForce GTX 970 4GB and see what that gets you.  I run a single GTX 980 with an FX-8150 to great results.  I do get the odd slow down for a few seconds, but I think that is more game engine related rather than a power one.

If the GTX 970 doesn't help you very much, that's when you need to start looking at a platform upgrade and possibly increasing your budget slightly.  I would go for a GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P AM3+ AMD 970 motherboard paired with an AMD FX-8370 CPU.  Getting the GPU, CPU, and motherboard will be just under $600.  If you are using an OEM/System Builder copy of Windows, you will need to repurchase a license of Windows 8 for about $100.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users