Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"A network cable is unplugged" every 20 minutes. But it's not.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jackflag

jackflag

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:50 AM

I have my modem connected directly to my computer with an ethernet cable and from time to time it will give me this message, and then re-connect 10 seconds later. For whatever reason it happens less in the evening (7-11 maybe?) and more frequently otherwise. 

I also have wireless but prefer to use the cable as its much faster. 

I realize this is a common question and i've researched it, but i'm not all that computer literate and my problem with it popping on and off doesn't seem to be most other people's i've seen. Thanks for any help. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

Fixing Network Cable unplugged error message in Windows

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users