Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two drivers missing

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rupert Cucumber

Rupert Cucumber

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

A tenfold woe to me! Beginning several weeks back, my speaking icon began to disappear from the Taskbar. I could go and did to Taskmanager and killed the Explorer and then installed (I'll call it install) it again.

A week or two later, it would disappear again. I was advised to uninstall the drivers in my Device Manager under Sound, Video and Game Controllers.

Three of them there drivers reappeared but this one did not, called NVIDIA Virtual Audio (wave extended) (WDM).

I've gone to the ASUS site (because this machine is an ASUS Rogue G750J) and downloaded the audio, but also was advised to download the latest video / Graphics Driver. Neither of these have reinstalled the NVIDIA driver.

Then to make things more exciting, another little speaker icon is now not working, one called the RAVCpI64. I noticed this when I plugged in my Bose headphones and the window that always comes up didn't. 

If I go to the Taskbar, click properties / custom and to Turn System Icons On or Off, this icon is not showing - Realteck HD Audio Manager. It shows in the *Select Which Icons and Notifications Appear On the Taskbar* but not the former.

If one could even show me where to download the RAVCpI64 driver ... 

Any help will be appreciated. 

(Please do type very slowly in all responses in order for me to understand)

Edited by Rupert Cucumber, 04 December 2014 - 05:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rrocha

Rrocha

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:09 AM

I would suggest download
http://www.iobit.com/driver-booster.php
try see if they can find your driver,.
here you can have a promotion given you the pro version from free
http://sharewareonsale.com/s/driver-booster-pro-iobit-sale

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

I would suggest not using the driver-booster.  You should download the driver/s from the manufacturer for the best results. NVIDIA has an automatic scan which will find any needed drivers.

Edited by dc3, 04 December 2014 - 01:40 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Rupert Cucumber

Rupert Cucumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

I would love to download from the NVIDIA but there is no way I can find the driver there that I'm looking for. If you've got further instructions, I'll be glad to listen. 

#5 Rrocha

Rrocha

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

@dc3,

What are the cons of using something like driver-booster ?

#6 Rupert Cucumber

Rupert Cucumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

It's the sneaky way these outfits get ya. They begin with "free download" then after the program is installed, it finds hundreds of faults and when one goes to fix'em, presto! It doesn't fix'em because they want you to Register (no mention of money yet) and after that time is wasted, then again, bingo! They want your money.

If that was all, that might not be so bad but after you buy it, you'll find it doesn't fix the specific problem you've got. Been there too many times, although I really never bought their products. 

My problem is not so much the Driver, because I can kill Explorer and restore it and everything is back to normal. But on the next reboot, the speaker icon is gone and I have to repeat the Explorer thingy. 

Obviously, this isn't an easy one to fix. Notice the abundant replies and no answer, although I appreciate you guys making an effort. Microsoft worked on this yesterday and could not fix it. They told me they would escalate it and call back this morning. They're two hours overdue and why am I thinking they're not going to call back???

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

Please download and install to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download [url=http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exe]MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

Hi

Please do not use any of those Driver Find/Install/Update Programs. If you have installed any please remove them.

You must know if your Operating System is Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 also model specifics (JZ JS JM) Driver Selections are Different on the ASUS website.

Use this Link: http://www.service.asus.com/ Find and Choose Download Drivers, BIOS, Manuals, and Download Now.

Choose your Specific Model or Auto Detect

If your system is Windows 8, I would highly recommend that you upgrade to Windows 8.1... Look for the link to Install the Windows 8.1 Update.

Choose and Download the Audio Driver and VGA Driver for your specific model.

Do Not Install at this time.

Please do the following in the order suggested.

Open Control Panel look to the upper right of the window and make View by: read Small icons.

Find and Open the System Icon.

In the left panel look for and open Advanced system settings.

On the System Properties window Advanced tab, Find and Open Enviornmental Variables.

Look at the System variables portion of the window, Find and Open New...

In the New System Variable Window
1. Type or Copy/Paste DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES in the Variable name field

2. Type the Number 1 in the Variable value field.

Click Ok (the New System Variable window closes)

Click Ok (the System Properties window closes)

Click Apply and Ok (the System Properties window closes)

Close Control Panel and Log Off/On or Reboot the system.

Open Control Panel

Find and Open the System Icon.

In the left panel look for and open Device Manager.

On the Device Manager window toolbar Find and Open View, Click Show hidden devices.

Open the Device Heading... Sound video and game controllers.

One by one Right click each entry under the Heading and choose Uninstall. (If you are prompted to remove Software with the device removal check the box) Click Ok to execute.

Now select the Device Heading... Display Adapters and remove all entries

Close Device Manager and click the Back Arrow on the System Window to return to the main Control Panel Window.

Find and Open Programs and Features.

Uninstall any software related to the NVidia/Intel Video or Realtek Audio.

If prompted to reboot the system, please do so.

Now open the location where you saved the downloaded drivers and install.

Hopefully this will get your system back to normal.

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

#9 Rupert Cucumber

Rupert Cucumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

Ok people, let's all stand to attention. The Microsoft Agent (Secret Agent 99) found my User Account to be corrupted, so that one was deleted and a new one was created. 

Weirdly enough, when the old User Account was deleted, I lost several programs. Nothing is supposed to be lost in this but something snapped and I lost what was in my Downloads / Sticky notes / etc.

Most of my stuff was still there but whatever, the problem with the Speaker Icon was fixed and all seems to be well ........ I think. Thanks for the efforts and input. A moment of silence please. 

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Can I hear a Amen?

#11 Rupert Cucumber

Rupert Cucumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

I think you can if you listen closely enough. Here's another simple question, although it's complicated for me. When my new User Account was created, I notice under Users, my name is there twice. In the first, it is spelled correctly, the second one has got my first name and then my first name & last name all written together as one word or name.

Is it possible to change that or is that totally out of the answer, I mean out of the question?

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:05 AM

Which account are you using?

Is the computer working properly?

What happens if you switch accounts?

#13 Rupert Cucumber

Rupert Cucumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

I have but one account. The computer is behaving itself quite nicely thanks! Of course, everything is subject to change and one might see small curls of green smoke ascending up from the back of this Laptop any moment - but as of now, all is well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users