Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where to buy cheapest license

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Greg-.-

Greg-.-

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

Where can I purchase windows 7 key? Whats the best version of windows 7 for a gaming rig? thanks. Its my first build I never had to purchase windows 7 with a computer usually it comes already installed what not. Please point me in right direction thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:26 PM

Hey Greg,

Take a look at Newegg. The OEM version of Windows 7 Home premium is available for 100$. And you will notice little difference between all versions of Windows 7 as far as gaming goes. Your other PC components like motherboard, gpu, processor, RAM etc determines the gameplay experience.

#3 Greg-.-

Greg-.-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:30 PM

So I just get that and Im good as for life time update? like that says SP1 dose it upgrade to service pack 2? Do I have to pay for additional upgrades

#4 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:39 PM

Windows 7 will not be updated beyond SP1. If you need to upgrade, you will have to upgrade to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 coming out next year. Mainstream support for Windows 7 will be available till January 13, 2015 and extended support till January 14, 2020. Here is a link for the Windows OS lifecycle. However if you purchase Windows 8.1 instead, Windows 10 OS upgrade might be available at a very cheap rate.

Edited by Digital_Veil, 03 December 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#5 Greg-.-

Greg-.-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

What would you prefer? Windows 7 or 8?

I don't mind windows 8 I just dont want to run into any issues with gaming on it

#6 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:10 PM

Any games compatible on Windows 7 is automatically compatible on Windows 8. So it doesn't pose any problem to gaming experience. It is a bit lighter and more optimized as well. I'd suggest you to check out Windows 8.1 since it's the latest version out there. Also there is a chance you'll get the next iteration dirt cheep as well.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/windows-10-release-date-price-news-and-features-1029245

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users