Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First time build .. Guide me please.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Greg-.-

Greg-.-

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:09 PM

Im wanting to build a PC where I can play games on max settings and don't have to worry about doing anything to it when ever I want to do anything on my PC.

My budget is around 1500 so far I got half of almost all the parts I guess and I just need a heads up as to if this is a build that is good.

Heres what I got: 

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory

Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

I want to play games and possible do 4k in the future what would be a ultimate graphics card for this build?

I want to go with EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card possibly one at first then later do SLi and upgrade to two cards.

Or is there an alternative card I should look at and what about Nxxt h440 case how is it? I want my temps as low as possible.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

You should get at least 16gb of ram for that.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

Going to 16GB of RAM won't really do much, depending on the games you are running.  If you are going to be using a multi-GPU setup, you may want to consider a more powerful PSU, especially if you are going to be doing it with a flagship GPU like the GTX 980.  Now, you need a motherboard, hard drive, optical drive, OS, and case.  For a motherboard, the GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI LGA 1150 is a good choice.  Most of the remaining components are easy to choose.  Do you want an SSD or standard HDD?  What size case are you wanting for the PC?

3939.png

#4 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:16 AM

He wants to run max settings on any game in the foreseeable future and be able to "do anything" on the PC, and be able to get a 4k monitor, and he doesn't want to ever have to worry about doing anything to it (upgrading it). I would think 16gigs ram is a starting point for that  :cherry:

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

I've had 16GB of RAM for about four years and game, I've never had it come close to being full, or even get to 8GB.  Even most 64-bit games won't fill up 8GB of RAM.  If you're wanting the best system you can get and never have to worry about upgrading it while enjoying 4K resolutions, that isn't going to happen.  Getting a ridiculously powerful system that won't need to be upgraded for a long while is a bit more reasonable.  If you're wanting such a powerful system, you could have gone with an LGA 2011 platform, a 1KW PSU, two GTX 980's, use only SSD's, and max out your RAM.  This setup will get you what you want, blur the line of what is reasonable or necessary, and blows most budgets out of the water.

Edited by DJBPace07, 05 December 2014 - 06:21 AM.

3939.png

#6 Greg-.-

Greg-.-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:59 PM

Im going to stick with 8gb ram thanks..

I got the NZXT h440 case and I want to do SSD and Sata Drives.

I don't know what is a better gpu the evga gtx980 or msi twin frozn?

i also picked up a asus hero v ii board ..

#7 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:26 AM

I'd go for the eVGA card.  Unless you overclock, the dual fans of the MSI aren't really necessary and the GTX 980 reference cooler is fairly quiet to begin with.

Are you wanting to use an SSD and a standard HDD or just SSD's for everything?  All drives are SATA right now, though there are some that can use expansion slots.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users