Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC crashes when entering Sleep mode. Sometimes also at shutdown.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MasterFroglicker

MasterFroglicker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:29 PM

Most of the time for he past few months whenever I set my PC to go into sleep mode, I get a BSoD, and the computer will either reset or shutdown. I will sometimes also get a BSod when I try to shutdown normally as well, although this has occurred less often, mostly because I prefer to Sleep than Shutdown. I've gotten around this lately by simply leaving my computer on at night in a performance power mode, but obviously this isn't particularly ideal.

I think this is most likely a driver issue, but I don't know how I would go about trying to fix this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by MasterFroglicker, 03 December 2014 - 09:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#3 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:01 PM

Wouldn't be easier if he disables the Automatic Restart on failure in Windows startup menu which start with F8, then he can see the BSOD error code and we can solve it easily. Or download and run software WhoCrashed and post results.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#4 haycg

haycg

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

Have you tried the Windows 7 Repair Disc ? Start -- Control Panel -- Open the Icon -- Backup and Restore -- At the left top corner -- Create a System Repair Disc -- Follow directions -- It says DVD but a CD is OK 
When you press the power button to turn your computer on a Startup Menu comes up for about 2 seconds. It give the key to open the boot menu. If you press the Pause-Break key it will give you more time to read. This will probably cause you to turn off and start over before using the boot menu key. 
As soon as you press the power button start tapping the Boot F key.  For my HP computer it’s the ESC Key.
When the boot menu opens use the arrow keys to select
CDDVD -- Open your Tray for the Repair Disc and close. Press ENTER KEY and wait. -- When the Repair starts up don't bother with Driver part for now. The Repair Disc will probably fix what your computer needs. Just follow directions. Fairly easy. -------------------------- I believe the Repair Disc works on all Windows Systems. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Repair Disc can be use at startup by tapping the F8 key if the Repair Disc is in the tray. It shows up as first on the list. It’s not as easy to use this way. I like using the Boot Menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users