Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unsure where to put this-Ipad battery won't charge?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CaryHM

CaryHM

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

My little girl yanked the charger out of the wall, pulling it apart.  Aside from breaking the cord, I also notice the Ipad doesn't want to charge at times, usually fiddling with it where it connects at the tablet will help, but not this time.  Where can I go to have this repaired or is there something I can do?  I assume an Apple store can fix it, but not sure if they'll charge more than any other place.  Should I go to a chain (does Staples do this?) or a local computer repair shop (do they work on tablets usually?)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

Which iPad version is this? It looks like multiple services are available online that can repair connectors. Is their any physical damage on the outside, or is the connector loose?

Unofficial iOS Genius

#3 CaryHM

CaryHM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

It's the 4th generation, and there's no outside obvious damage to it.  Honestly, it doesn't even feel like there's a wiggle in the port where it connects.

#4 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

Looking around, it seems the average online price for ipad port repairs are around $100. It seems like most chain stores only do screen repair, and Staples' site was inconclusive on whether or not they service more than just screens.

Is it still under warranty?

Unofficial iOS Genius

#5 CaryHM

CaryHM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

No unfortunately not.  I was hoping it would be under $100, but I will give Staples a call just in case.  If I was brave enough, I'd attempt it myself, but I don't want to lose the whole Ipad.  :)

#6 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

Best of luck, let us know how it goes!  :thumbup2: 

Unofficial iOS Genius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users