Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Political attack on Mailwasher

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 faster

faster

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

I've used Mailwasher for years. It's an added level of security and I don't have to have an e-mail program to download e-mails to. I just keep everything on the server and cull it with Mailwasher. So I never have to download e-mail at all. I am protective of my PC. I NEVER use social media. I NEVER conduct financial transactions online, no matter what. ALL my personal info is kept on paper, and not in my PC. And I never open e-mail unless I know the source. It's not enough to stop someone who wants to attack me, though.

I strongly recommend Mailwasher. It has stood the test of time. This is NOT a flaw in the app. But it may have an unknown vulnerability.

In the last few weeks, something has changed the settings on certain political sites that send me mail from good to either spam or blacklisted.

There is absolutely no way I could - or would - have done this. This is blatant meddling.

This is being done, intentionally, by someone. Nobody else EVER has access to my PC. These hits are coming from online, and I would REALLY like to know who they are, though they would have to be people in the other political party, since only political sites are affected.

How can I find the method they used and stop this? If they can change this setting on Mailwasher, they can probably access all my mail, too, and who knows what else?

I need help to stop it. And keep it from returning. But I want to learn how it was done, and by whom, too. So if you have any ideas about that, I'd love to hear them. Stopping them is only half of the job.

Thanks!

Holly B. (With deep thanks for all the help you've given me in the past.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users