Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New to this enviroment

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 benbrown1428

benbrown1428

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to say hi. I live in a very small town in MO, and good comp repair is sketchy at best. The local guys answer to EVERYTHING is virus; and he tells us that these viruses: do not have names, cant be identified, yet are easily removed, then complete system reinstall for around $129; provided you have all the install discs, passwords and numbers. If you do not; then he can sell you a new computer; keep your old one (reduces likelihood that virus will spread to friends comp thru email) and then sell your old one months later with a new operating system. SO the need for repair and service is here.  I dabbled in computers with Protools and Logic; making them run well within their respective systems, so I humbly begin the steep learning curve. I have been very impressed with the forums so far; and hopefully will not need to use this site much; but I have everyone begging me to fix computers; so here I am.

Ben

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users