Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get my monitor to turn on

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ethanlll12

ethanlll12

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hello, I have a monitor i have been using for some time now, just a few days ago I got two new monitors. I tried to plug in one, but when i did nothing happened, the monitor was functioning but receiving nothing from the computer so i did the usual unplug re plug turn off turn back on ( turning off the computer so it was off when making any changes to the monitor then turning back on once a change was made), all that and it still did not work so i tried to plug my original monitor back in but the same thing happened, the monitor was functioning but was receiving nothing from the computer or if it was it was just a black screen. I had had a slight problem with the computer before all this happened where if i moved the monitor connection cable it would make the monitor screen go black and I would have to move it around to get it to turn back on. But after i tried to plug the new monitor in, gave up and tried to plug the old one in it would not work even when i tried to move it around to get it to work. It is not the monitor i tested it on another computer and it worked perfectly fine and was working in my computer fine just before i unplugged it. once i unplugged it it all went down hill and no matter what i do i cannot get any monitor to turn on with the computer, but it works just fine with another computer. it appears that my computer is not working with any monitors. Any help on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated

unfortunately i do not know the specs of my computer, i had it custom built for me specifically for gaming the only thing about it i know is the processor is the i7 extreme. I also do not know the model of my monitor, i apologize for my lack of accurateness, I will try to answer any thing you need to know about it if i can.

also i am using a VGA cable plugged into an adapter so it will fit onto my computer it goes from a typical VGA into an adapter for a DVI-I
(single link) port

Edited by ethanlll12, 03 December 2014 - 03:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:10 AM

Welcome to BC!

We need some info about your PC, so

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Edited by ElfBane, 04 December 2014 - 04:10 AM.

#3 ethanlll12

ethanlll12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

i cant use that to get the specs for the computer having issues since the monitor does not work so i cannot see anything

#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

My bad. Remove the vid-card and use the on-board graphics of the motherboard. See if that works.

#5 ethanlll12

ethanlll12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

worked thank you so much sorry for late reply had to go out of town.

#6 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:42 AM

Now you know the vid-card has failed, you will probably need a new one if you want the better graphics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users