Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacking PayPal Account with Just a Click

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

The eBay owned popular digital payment and money transfer service, PayPal has been found to be vulnerable to a critical web application vulnerability that could allow an attacker to take control over users' PayPal account with just a click, affecting more than 156 millions PayPal users.

An Egyptian security researcher, Yasser H. Ali has discovered three critical vulnerabilities in PayPal website including CSRF, Auth token bypass and Resetting the security question, which could be used by cybercriminals in the targeted attacks.

Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF or XSRF) is a method of attacking a website in which an attacker need to convince the victim to click on a specially crafted HTML exploit page that will make a request to the vulnerable website on their behalf.
Hacking PayPal Account with Just a Click

I prefer a prepaid Visa card attached to my Paypal, There is no way I would tie my Paypal account to my bank account.  It may be a slight inconvenience to have to go to a Post office to put some money on the card when I need it, But how much of an inconvenience is it if your bank account is cleaned out.

Australian Residents, Australia Post offers a Load and Go Visa card, I have been using one for almost 2 years without issue.

Load&Go Reloadable Visa Prepaid Card - Australia Post

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bleky

Bleky

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:25 PM

Good thing that my credit card is not attached to an bank account

Edited by Bleky, 03 December 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Mac OS XI Tard-The world's most difficult-to please-operating system grumpy_cat.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users