Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Internet Explorer freezes up after clicking blog link

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jsox79

jsox79

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

Customer brought in an Asus k53z with a freezing problem.  All hardware seems to test fine.  No recent hardware installations, drivers up to date.  From his description of it occurring after clicking a link, it looks probable that something nasty may have downloaded itself.  But I am unable to find it so far.

ADWcleaner found some of the usual junk

JRT found nothing

MSE detects nothing

Malwarebytes found some of the usual pups, no malware or viruses.

Rkill detected a proxy and deleted it

Roguekiller found some registry entries

Malwarebytes Antirootkit found nothing

TDSKiller found nothing

Thanks in advance for your help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

Welcome aboard p22002758.gif

freezes up after clicking blog link

Just one particular link?

Did you try different browser with the same link?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 jsox79

jsox79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

Thanks I think I have found the culprit.  It appears to be a flash problem.  i found that chrome, once i was able to get it offline installed, doesn't appear to suffer from it.  i noticed an adobe flash instance using a large amount of processor and memory running when the freezing would occur on internet explorer, if i killed the process, internet explorer became responsive again.  im completely uninstalling all instances of java and flash and reinstalling from appropriate sources, will post back my results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users