Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something is stealing my bandwidth...I promise to follow instructions to a "T"!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 momo034

momo034

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:56 AM

Hi, I kindof feel bad asking people to give me their time to help me with this problem, before I posted I did my own research and would have tried to fix it on my own but seems that someone with more knoweldge needs to look at the results of different tests being done so...Im hoping someone here can help.

Every computer in my house is getting about 45mbs download, except mine, which gets about 5mbs. Im guessing I am infected with something.  I do have a couple programs installed that I got from torrent (Photoshop, Acrobat, and a couple others).  In retrospect was probably a bad idea.  

I am running windows 8.1

I have Webroot Antivirus which is always running.

I would really appreciate any help.  Many thanks,

Jordan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 momo034

momo034
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:00 AM

NEVERMIND!  Found the issue....good to know for other people...

I was curious why when i did a system checkit showed my antivirus as Panda, when in fact I thought I had uninstalled that a while ago when I changed antivirus to Webroot.  I double checked and seems I had not uninstalled it before.  I uninstalled it, restarted the computer, ran a speedtest again and now Im up to par.  

Strange, I thought Panda was supposed to be pretty reputable.  

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

You're lucky your computer didn't crash with 2 antivirus solutions running.

Anyway, congrats on finding your own solution! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users