Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ICloud - How to Begin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bartolo

Bartolo

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

I am running Yosemite on an iMac and want to get going with iCloud.

I can go to system preferences and click on iCloud and it comes up with my name and Apple ID. So I am sort of registered.

My question is how do I go about getting files, photos, etc. uploaded to iCloud? It looks like  just having some of the boxes checked does not do it.

Thanks,

Bart

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

OS X Yosemite: Set up iCloud on your Mac

iCloud Drive FAQ

How to use iCloud Drive

#3 Bartolo

Bartolo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Thanks, Buddyme

When I go to System Prefs on my iMac and click on iCloud I get  "Setting up iCloud drive..." with the endless spinning wheel that does not stop

When I go to iCloud.com and log in wth my Apple ID I get a message saying to go to your iOS device (I have none) and tap iCloud Drive and follow the instructions for setup

#4 Bartolo

Bartolo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

Do I need to have iWork and is it available at the App Store?

#5 K.kent

K.kent

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:25 PM

What I think about iWork is, it’s a supporting app and might be available in App Store. You can search in Search bar also for this app. If your concern is about iCloud then try the above mentioned steps easily and enjoy. Don't download other apps dear.

Edited by K.kent, 11 December 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:39 PM

All depends on what you want to get "going on" in iCloud. iCloud does many things.

There is email.
There is calendar, contact, reminders, note, Safari bookmark, and keychain (aka password) syncing.
There are PhotoStreams (i.e. sharing photos with others and/or your other PhotoStream enabled devices...generally Apple devices, but also Windows running the iCloud Control Panel).
There is document/file syncing and "cloud storage".
There is Find My Mac.
There is Back to Mac (i.e. the ability to log into your Mac remotely from another Mac).

In all, it depends on what you want to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users