Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Private Header?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:57 AM

What is a private header? My firewall blocks private headers and that has caused some problems on certain sites, at Inverloch for exampe I couldn't see any of the pictures. So, I'm just wondering what this private header thing is that gets in my way all the time.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:10 AM

Hang on for a bit, if you're able to.

I'm not sure myself as to what you are referring to as yet.

But we've some Pro's here that are sure to answer your question.

Give us a bit of time, if you can/please., and a more knowledgeable individual
will jump up and respond to your question

We're all volunteers here, so please be patient with us.

regards,
~Koan

BTW - WELCOME TO BLEEPING COMPUTER!

I guess I should have asked what OS are you using Win-Xp (USA) or other?

Edited by KoanYorel, 27 November 2004 - 05:17 AM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:14 PM

Disclaimer - I'm not an expert.
Private headers have to do with privacy. Blocking prevents your name, and perhaps other things, such as IP address from going to every website you visit. In EZTrust or the Zone Alarm firewall, for instance, in order to be able to do certain activities on certain sites, you may wish to permit private headers for going out. If you deal with someone you trust and want to be identified, permit it. Otherwise block it. I block just about everything for safety and deal with it on a case by case basis.
I hope I'm not too far off the meaning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users