Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice sought for non-internet game console. Old school like.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brian2009

brian2009

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

I'm looking to buy a game console (my first) to possibly play some older games on. There is no hi-speed internet connection available so it will probably be 100% single player.

I've no problem buying a used machine.

I do want to use my HD TV though. Do older boxes require some sort of retro connections no longer included on newer TV's?

I'm currently enjoying Call of Duty 1 and 2, Medal of Honor, and Far Cry. They're old but fun for me.

Thanks.

I've been thinking "XBox" non 360.

Edited by brian2009, 02 December 2014 - 02:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:12 AM

xbox doesn't even produce an HD picture. I think it has component cables, which most HD TVs have, so you should be able to hook it up no problem.

#3 brian2009

brian2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

I guess it might boil down to the games I would want to be playing.

As they will probably all be single player, and therefore older, their graphics might not be anywhere near what my HD tv can produce....so an older xbox might be OK.

Is there some sort of console tipping point where it would be useless to have a particular internet related feature found in the newer consoles?

Which would be the next step up from the original xbox?

Thanks.

I'm looking for a good website for research.

#4 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:56 AM

the graphics wll be bad.  I suppose you have played the 360 one, going back to play non 360 will be like going to the 1980s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users