Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Protection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 meanswing

meanswing

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:40 AM

Is there a way to toggle my internet connection so that when a person wants to get on the internet they have to enter a password. I have multiple accounts on my computer and i want all of them to be asked for the password before connecting to the internet. My friend has it on his computer but he doesnt know how to do it. I think its in the Internet Options of Internet Explorer not sure. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:05 PM

What type of connection do you have?

#3 meanswing

meanswing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 01:51 AM

I have cable. it should be possible on cable cuz my friend has to do it sometimes on his comp. he didnt set his internet up though the cable company did.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 28 November 2004 - 03:09 PM

I know of no way to do this other than if you use some sort of proxy server. Cable modems are always on so not sure how you can make it password prompt it

#5 meanswing

meanswing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:31 PM

ok thanx anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users