Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Dell Inspiron 530S, with Vista OS will not boot, black screen, fans running

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 schef

schef

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

My computer has power, but will not respond to F8 or F12.  No curser, nothing but black screen.  No beeping for codes.  Fans runs real loud.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jtphenom

jtphenom

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

Do you have a CD in the drive by chance? USB stick plugged in?
Has the machine been dropped or hit or fluids spilled on it?
Any power surges lately while machine was connected to power?
Try reseating your RAM. It should be fairly easy to do. Google it if you have difficulties.

#3 schef

schef
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

No Cd in drive or USB stick plugged into it.

It did get tipped over.  I opened the case up and the one ram of memory was not all the way snapped on the end.

I pushed it down and secured it.

I tried putting in a USB with SuperAntiSpyware on it, while turning it on and pushing F8 Or F12 repeatedly.

A screen came up and asked me if I wanted to boot form the stick or drive.  I picked Drive.

Got the machine to work.  Ran super then a "White something virus,  funware and a bunch of addware.

Removed, rebooted ok, ran Spy again and nothing came back.  Don't know if I got it all or not.

Thank you for the response!

#4 jtphenom

jtphenom

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

Glad you got it to boot! If you have more problems with malware, please post in "Am I infected? What Do I do?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users