Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nightmare with Apple Mobile Device USB Driver- please help!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lkl18

lkl18

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

Basically I jailbroke my iphone 4 for the second time after restoring it yesterday, but then something went wrong with it and it stayed on the apple logo for ages so I restored it again today. The restore seemed to go fine and all my stuff went back onto the phone but I want to jailbreak again and my computer isn't recognising my phone! frown.png

When I plug my phone into my laptop it charges, and itunes syncs with it but under itunes 7.1.2 in the device summary it says 'please connect this iphone using a USB etc.' so I think it may be syncing over wifi because I have that enabled. 

When I go to computer the phone isn't there and so I have reinstalled itunes, restarted the laptop, updated the laptop and checked device manager. The Apple Mobile device USB driver isn't there under Universal Serial Bus Controllers although Apple Mobile Device support is in my installed programs. Also the iphone isn't showing up anywhere, not even as a camera. I tried updating the driver software of USB composite device with the usbaapl file but it said 'installing this driver is not recommended...may not be compatible etc' and then I get Code 10 with the Apple Mobile Device USB driver appearing but with a yellow ! and it doesn't work. banghead.gif

No idea where to go from here please help!!!

Edited by hamluis, 01 December 2014 - 03:01 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Phones - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users