Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Training

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jtphenom

jtphenom

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:08 AM

I couldn't figure out what the best place for this topic is, so I'm posting it here.

Does this site still train people in malware-removal assistance?

Thanks!

J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mainer21

mainer21

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:12 AM

Please see this link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532535/malware-removal-training-program/

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

Just register in when you see there are available slots, then wait for the staff's reply.

#4 jtphenom

jtphenom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

OK but where do I register?

#5 mainer21

mainer21

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

Here.  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/admissions/

#6 jtphenom

jtphenom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

Thanks. I'm really curious how I would have gotten there without that link. I spent a good time looking for that.. lol

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Just register in when you see there are available slots, then wait for the staff's reply.

There is more to it than that, unless you feel that are "special circumstances" which is mentioned on the page.

This is a requirement for admission to the training program. You have already gone way past the minimum number of posts required.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532535/malware-removal-training-program/

Therefore, you must have a minimum of 20 posts on the Bleeping Computer forum to be considered eligible for applying. This will be used in conjunction with the application process to help us get an understanding of your posting style and your ability to interact on a forum style help site as well as demonstrate your commitment to contributing. Note that we expect posts that contribute to the topic it is posted in. Non-constructive posting or posting in a manner that makes it obvious you are only trying to get enough posts to apply can be considered grounds for immediate disqualification at the discretion of the administrators.

Posts in Introductions, General Chat, Speak Easy, and other forums in General Topics don't count toward the 20 posts.

Posts that actually offer help and sound advice, the style of those posts, follow up in topics you help in are what is looked at. YOU have to PROVE yourself capable of helping with NON-Malware issues OR in Am I Infected before you will be considered for malware training.

Good luck in your quest to be admitted to the training program.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 01 December 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#8 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

Ooops, forgot the post amount requirement.

Good luck in your quest to join the Malware Response Team, sir!

#9 jtphenom

jtphenom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

I'm not sure how many, if any, of my posts have actually contributed or attempted to contribute to assisting others with their computer problems. I'll see what I can do. ;)

Thanks for the information!

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

I will admit to not looking at the content of your posts. All I paid attention to was how many you currently have.

#11 jtphenom

jtphenom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

No problem. :)

I love this forum, and I try to post here and read and learn as much as I can. Hard to keep up with all the interesting threads, but I have learned a lot which has helped me in my IT career doing desktop support, as well as lots of sidework.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users