Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gadget to test RAM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Manshead

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:43 AM

My friend gave a load of memory sticks recently.does anyone know of some gadget that I can use to test them. It would be a lot easier than fitting them into a computer and then using a memtest program.

Handle every situation like a real man.
If you cant eat it or drink it.
Walk Away, it Aint worth the hassle.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

Not that I have ever seen. I have heard there were/are some commercial ram testers, these would cost far more than just building a cheap test rig. If all of the ram is the same type example: ddr2, then you only need 1 rig to test the ram. Memtest86+ is free and very good for testing ram.

If you have more than 1 type of ram example: ddr, ddr2, and ddr3, then you would need to have different hardware to test each type.

Why do you want to test each stick? Test just the sticks you wish to use. If you wish to sell it, you could sell it "as is" "untested".

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users