Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed ASAP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 swtnserene

swtnserene

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

I have forgotten my Administrator Windows Password and I am in need of getting into my account ASAP. I have tried a number of things and just no luck. And I was introduced to this site through About Technology and was trying one of their suggestions and ran into an issue. I tried using Offline NT Password & Registry Editor. I downloaded the cd110511.zip file and then  proceeded to open it but it states that it can not be opened in Paint. I am very confused as to why it would download it to that. So I guess my question is am I doing something wrong or can anyone suggest a different method? Is there a easy free method or a fairly cheap method? I can take it some where but they want $25. Is that a fair price? I run a business with this computer and I cant even download my virus protection because it wants a password. And I had some crazy program called Vostern just appear on my computer so I know I definitely need my protection. Please someone help me.... 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:49 PM

We sympathize with your situation. Though your question about passwords is most likely legitimate, there are those who would pretend to need such assistance in order to gain unauthorized access to a computer not owned by them. We have no way of confirming ownership or if someone is being truthful with us. As such we don't provide step by step instructions but we certainly can help you find the information you seek.

This article describes the Microsoft policy about missing, lost, forgotten, or incorrect passwords...Microsoft support engineers cannot help you retrieve passwords of files and features in Microsoft products that are lost or forgotten.

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

You can refer to these Microsoft articles.

Forgotten Password Instructions provided by Microsoft:Non-Microsoft Forgotten Password Guides:Password Recovery Tools:
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

If you still need help with paint opening the zip, right click the zip, select open with>default program. select "Windows Explorer".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users