Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATI drivers needed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iShatteredSanity

iShatteredSanity

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hello there folks.

For some time now I am the proud owner of a Toshiba Satelite A100-192. I actually got it in October of 2006 and it is still alive and kicking; yeah, it is old, I know.

Now, here is the thing though. When I got my laptop, it had Windows XP pre-installed, and in case I wanted to format the hard drive and re-install windows and the drivers, a CD came with it to restore my laptop. However the OS in the disc is Windows XP, and here is my problem. I want to install Windows 7, but I can not find the drivers for the GPU. My GPU is ATI Radeon X1600.

In the past I installed windows 7 and I could not find the drivers. I searched for them myself and none of those I found worked. A friend of mine helped me, they did not work either. I called Toshiba Hellas (I am from Greece), they sent me some drivers, again they did not work. I called another company that works with Toshiba Hellas, their drivers did not work either. I had yet another friend of mine who owns a computer repair shop, still nothing. I have looked at the official site as well, however the drivers for that model do not exist.

I really want to install windows 7, but sadly the drivers have become a huge issue. And so I wonder if any of you people can help me. Yes, I am desperate, I won't deny it or lie about it. I need an upgrade on my system since I know that it can handle it with ease. I mean, hell, a friend of mine had the previous model of my own laptop, and she found the drivers for her GPU! It is really frustrating!

So please, guys and gals, I really want some help with this.

Thank you in advance.

~Valk.

Edited by iShatteredSanity, 30 November 2014 - 06:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

That graphics card is not longer supported by Windows 7. The only way people have gotten it to work with Windows 7 is with a modded driver. The only one I was able to track down is here. Click on the drive icon under Téléchargement.

The other option is to mod the driver yourself. Here is the page for that. The link the provide for the driver does not work. You can get it here. Don't bother with the step#4. I believe that is for Windows 8. The mobility modder is here.

#3 iShatteredSanity

iShatteredSanity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

Thanks a lot, I will try it later on when I wake up since I need to get some rest; it is actually 02:17 am here.

I'll let you know if it worked. Again, thanks a lot.

~Valk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users