Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corsair H90 Water Cooler and Fractal Define R4 Case fan and radiator position

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 peterhouf

peterhouf

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:42 AM

This question I had has been driving me crazy! I looked everywhere and I only find vague answers. I'm curious about the H90 and where to mount it and in which way to flip it for push or pull. After days of googling the question I found that mounting a radiator at the top of the case is better. I heard someone say that push vs pull doesn't make much of a difference, only a few degrees, but using a push and pull configuration yields better temps. I want to go with either push, or push and pull since I heard with push, it can build up a lot of dust in the radiator. Which fans should I use for both pull, and push and pull configuration? I don't plan on overclocking ever, so would it matter which configuration I use? The CPU will be an AMD FX 8350. I only plan to game, so maybe temps will get high. Also people say 120mm fans are better if you only want to use a pull configuration. Not sure why. Then shortly after another google search, someone says the exact opposite of everything I just read up until that point. I don't know what to believe anymore!

I'm going to use 3 fans in the front of the fractal R4 case as intakes. 2 in the front, and one in the bottom, and the 2 top fan slots with not be in use. All 3 will use the Fractal R2 fans it comes with, just have to buy 1 more since it only comes with 2. I read that it can be a good idea to mount the radiator in the rear exhaust and use a pull configuration with the fan blowing air out the case, and the radiator mounted behind the fan, but then someone says that it's a bad idea since it sucks in the warm air of the case because of the other components in the case.

I really need help :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users