Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Cam Can't Install ...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 mypenry

mypenry

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:17 AM

Hope this is the right place to post this ....

I am trying to install my new Logitech web cam, using the Hardware Wizard, I insert the Logitech CD that came with the camera into the CD drive, and then select on the Wizard ..install the software automatically ( Recommended )

then click NEXT ....the Wizard then begins a search and the green bar gets half way along and this notice comes on to the screen ....

Please insert the Compact Disc labeled Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD
into your CD-ROM drive ( D ) and then clikc OK.

when I click OK a second window marked ..Files Needed comes up , and it say's some files on Windows XP professional Service Pack 2 CD are needed

insert Windows XP professional Service Pack 2 CD into the drive selected below , and click OK.

at the bottom of this box is a window.... , which say's ...Copy Files From :thumbsup: a box ) and it also has a Brows button

I do not know where to look in the Brows box ...? and here's my other problem ...this is a new computer which came fully loaded with the Service Pack 2
and Windows XP professional Media Edition . I received no service pack 2 .CD with the computer ..?

what can I do next please ...?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 11:06 AM

Is the installation CD damaged? I think,i could be wrong here but i will check, my sister had the same issue but a new installation disc sorted it. Hold on in this forum,some one will have an answer im sure! :thumbsup:

Edited by graveangel, 18 June 2006 - 11:07 AM.

....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 11:30 AM

First of all, which Logitech web cam?

You have Windows XP, yes? Do you have SP2 installed? You can find out by right-clicking on My Computer. There will be a list of information about you computer and it should say if you have Service Pack 2 installed.

Do you have DirectX 9.0c installed? You can download it from here.

Lastly, the driver and software usually come with their own installer you should use instead of Windows Hardware Installation Wizard. You should find it on the CD.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:38 AM

I agree with Mr Alpha about using the drivers that came with the hardware. It's usually best to use the manufacturers drivers rather than the windows drivers IMHO. You could also go to the Logitech website and download the latest drivers from there (check before you download, as they may be the same version as the ones you've already got on the disc).

When I install something new (hardware), I plug it in, let windows find it, cancel the "auto install" causing a window to come up telling me that it may not work correctly, then I'll use the install disc (plop it in the drive and wait for auto run to come up, or find it manually) and install the software/drivers that it needs then restart. This method has seemed to work well for me ;)

Also, you could install the drivers from the disc, then restart and then plug in your cam. Windows doesn't always like this 2nd method though :thumbsup:

Hope it helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:19 AM

Hi mypenry.
Logitech does not support the use of any of it's webcams on Windows MCE.
The software is asking for the XP "PRO" cd because MCE does not have the files needed to carry out the installation. I took a look over at the Logitech webcam forums and apparently a few got it to work on MCE but not without disabling certain hardware functions.
Here's a short example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users