Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

195.42.102.24 website blocked explorer.exe outgoing process

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 wheels20

wheels20

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

I have the same issue as JoeVH posted earlier. Malwarebytes shows a popup periodically that says it blocked a malicious website. The process is c:\windows\explorer.exe. I have 2 explorer.exe process running in Task Manager and one of them can use up to 3GB of RAM. I have attached the TDSSKiller log and the 2 logs from the FRST scan. Can someone help me figure out how to resolve this issue?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:43 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below.
start

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-3591532184-1274399545-2155728465-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
BHO: ExplorerWnd Helper -> {10921475-03CE-4E04-90CE-E2E7EF20C814} -> C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Uninstaller\UninstallExplorer64.dll No File
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File

End
Save the files as fixlist.txt into the same folder as FRST

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.

The tool will create a log Fixlog.txt please post it to your reply.
===

Download Security Check by screen317 from here
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
p.s.
If the SecurityCheck program fails to run for any reason, run it as an Administrator.

If the site is busy or not available use this mirror site:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

How is the computer running now?

======

#3 wheels20

wheels20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

I'm not sure why, but now I only see one instance of explorer.exe running. However, before I turned the computer off about 1 hour ago, there were still 2 instances running. Please review the logs below. I will continue to monitor the instances of explorer.exe and let you know what happens.

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Tool (FRST written by Farbar) (x64) Version: 03-12-2014
Ran by BestWater FrontDesk at 2014-12-05 18:11:46 Run:1
Running from C:\Users\BestWater FrontDesk\Downloads
Loaded Profiles: BestWater FrontDesk &  (Available profiles: BestWater FrontDesk)
Boot Mode: Normal
==============================================

Content of fixlist:
start

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-3591532184-1274399545-2155728465-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
BHO: ExplorerWnd Helper -> {10921475-03CE-4E04-90CE-E2E7EF20C814} -> C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Uninstaller\UninstallExplorer64.dll No File
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File

End

HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\ => value deleted successfully.
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer" => Key deleted successfully.
"HKU\S-1-5-21-3591532184-1274399545-2155728465-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer" => Key deleted successfully.
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{10921475-03CE-4E04-90CE-E2E7EF20C814}" => Key deleted successfully.
"HKCR\CLSID\{10921475-03CE-4E04-90CE-E2E7EF20C814}" => Key deleted successfully.
"HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@microsoft.com/GENUINE" => Key deleted successfully.
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\MozillaPlugins\@microsoft.com/GENUINE" => Key deleted successfully.

==== End of Fixlog ====

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.91 
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is disabled!) 
 Internet Explorer 11 
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
 Windows Firewall Enabled! 
Microsoft Security Essentials    
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2015  
 Antivirus up to date!  
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
 JavaFX 2.0.3   
 Java 7 Update 71 
 Adobe Reader 10.1.12 Adobe Reader out of Date! 
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent```````` 
 Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng.exe
 Microsoft Security Essentials msseces.exe
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe 
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam.exe 
 AVG avgwdsvc.exe
 Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae-svc.exe  
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler.exe  
 Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae.exe  
 WaterFlexOnlineBackupWindows ib_tray.exe  
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,246 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:12 AM

before I turned the computer off about 1 hour ago, there were still 2 instances running. Please review the logs below. I will continue to monitor the instances of explorer.exe and let you know what happens.

Next time you see 2 instances of explorer running close one by one the open Windows or programs.
Checking each time if the 2nd instance is still running.

===

Get the latest version of the Adobe Reader.
http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Before your download I suggest you unckeck the box on the top right "Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus - optional" this is not required if you are not a McAfee subscriber. While the installation is in progress you can also deny the installation of any other programs that may be suggested.

When installed remove your old version of the Reader using the Add/Remove Programs applet if present.
<<<>>>

If all is well.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this little guide Best security practices Keep safe.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/
===

#5 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,246 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:54 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users