Windows 7 Home Premium
8 GB of RAM (with 7.89 usable)
Okay, here's a general rundown of the problem. About three days ago my computer was acting strangely slow, incredibly slow. I decided to restart as I probably leave my computer on for longer than I should, it booted up fine and ran for a while although occasionally when I was talking in Skype, my soundcard would crash requiring another restart (this happened twice). I thought the problem might have to do with memory or programs etc, so I monitored the Task Manager for a time, with my usual programs open I noticed a steady 1% use increase on RAM about every 5-8 minutes. The RAM use would slowly climb until it hit near 100 and my computer would crash (no bsod, just black screens while the system would completely reboot). The strange thing lies in the fact that no programs looked out of place nor had above amounts of use of memory.
What I've tried to help solve the problem:
- Ran Malwarebytes to see if viruses may have been the problem (clean results)
- Ran a memory diagnostic to see if there was anything there (no results)
- Tried to manually open one program at a time while monitoring Task Manager to see which caused the incline, none showed promising results in which I thought the problem had solved itself. But with everything up and running the problem began again not too long after, causing me to be confused about which program may have caused this if any.
Programs I use that may be involved:
- Google Chrome: Version 39.0.2171.71 m
- Skype: Version 220.127.116.11
- Steam: Steam API v017
- Spotify: Version 0.9.14.13.gba5645ad
Willing to update with information and respond to any assistance, anything is in my reach at this point. Thank you ahead of time
EDIT: svchost.exe always seems suspicious