Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DELL V505 PRINTER

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pearlgem

pearlgem

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:29 PM

I am using Windows XP on a Dell desktop computer with a Dell V505 printer.

The printer is stuck in "on" position and I can't get it cleared. The settings panel on the printer has an "error" message in the display screen but screen is dark. There is a highlighted "wifi" logo with an exclamation point displayed right beside the screen. I am connected to a WiFi via an USB adapter. It does seem like the problem started after I was using the WiFi for a few days.

I called Dell; however, the warranty is up so they wanted me to pay money to have them fix it. REFUSE!

The printer and computer do communicate; but that's one of the error messages that comes up on the computer moniter. Others are "paper jam" and "printer is busy."

I've tried detaching and reattaching the power and printer cords, turning my computer off and on but nothing clears it. The printer power will not turn off unless I unplug it.

I hope someone out there has the answer for me.

Thanks in advance,

Nadine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

Can you try connecting directly with usb?

There also might be some kind of maintenance manual out there for your printer and maybe some special button combos to press to clear the error...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users