Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery not charging

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rp-57

rp-57

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hello,

Just started having problems with battery plugged in and not charging, battery charge holds 96% not sure if that is good or bad.

Was wondering if going to device manager and clicking on Or select uninstall ACPI and scan for hard ware changes if this would work.

Have not tried this method yet. And I have not tried unplugging and let battery drain yet see if that might help.

Not sure if anyone knows how to fix battery plugged in not charging issue here.

I have searched for forum bout this issue and found nothing.

I have windows 8 64 bit.

Any suggestions is worth the wait.

Thankyou for reading.

Have a good day. :love4u:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 User546

User546

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

I had this problem once with my laptop, to fix the issue I looked around and found this method:

1: Plug in your laptop to a power source

2: Open Device Manager

3: Open the battery drop-down list and uninstall the ACPI Battery driver you talked about in your post

4: Remove your laptop's physical battery

5: After a few moments, put your battery back into your laptop

6: In Device Manager, check for hardware changes (Right click the battery drop-down list and click "Check for Hardware Changes") and the driver should reinstall

7: Your battery should then start to recharge :)

Unfortunately this is a temporary fix and the "Plugged in not charging" bug may continue to happen. Tell me what happens next and I hope it works for you!

#3 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:31 PM

Thankyou for the response,

Only one problem is my laptop is a asus brand and I've looked on how to remove the battery and I don't see how to remove battery with out popping some thing off. :lmao:

#4 User546

User546

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

Yikes, I used the method with a Toshiba. Well good luck, that bug is a PAIN

#5 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

I also have a toshiba windows 7 but wanted a windows 8 and the toshiba battery was easy to remove but don't know how to remove this battery from asus brand. :smash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users