Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to upgrade my iPhone OS?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

I have an iPhone I inherited from a friend. I think it is an iPhone 3. On the Settings | About screen, it shows the model number as MB716LL/A. The Version, which I assume is the OS version, says 6.1.6 (10B500).

I tried to download the Dropbox app so I could upload some photos. I was told that I need to upgrade to iOS 7. I can't figure out how to do that. Can anyone help?

Thanks, C

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:08 AM

As far as I am aware it can't be done. To upgrade to ios 7 you would need to have an iPhone 4.

#3 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

The iPhone 3 is only supported up to iOS6, so iOS7 is not a possibility. This is an example of Planned Obsolence, which means in order to download the app you would need a new device. Luckily, only some apps have such a requirement, and many other dropbox access apps exist as well. 

Unofficial iOS Genius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users