Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard, Mouse, and Sound stop working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 User546

User546

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

I recently built a computer and installed Windows 8.1 on it. All was working smoothly until my mouse grew a tendency to stop working at random, the Windows "USB Unplugged" noise played and then it began to work again. This happens completely randomly whether I am playing a game or I am moving things around on my desktop. This continues to happen until my mouse and keyboard stop working completely. This also happens to my audio, the sound that was playing in the background continues to play, but an odd, sort of glitchy noise plays as well. I have attempted to unplug and plug back in the devices that started working improperly, but it does not work. However, the lights on the devices continue to show. The only solution that I have found is restarting my computer, and when it comes back on, the cycle repeats. Can anyone figure out what is going on!?

Computer Specs:

Windows 8.1 (duh)

Intel Xeon 1230 v2

ASUS GeForce® GTX 760 DirectCU II

MSI Z77MA-G45

Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD ST1000DM003

Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL9 @1.5V UDIMM 240-Pin Memory BLS2KIT4G3D1609DS1S00 (Just added this kit)

Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS  80 PLUS (CX600)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

Look in the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow warnings or red errors.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 User546

User546
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

Nothing

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

Check the connections of the USB brackets.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users