Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error with USB ports

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bobla

bobla

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:12 AM

IMAG0872_zpsb3b4d614.jpg

I had when upgraded from windows XP then found a fix by uninstalling all the USB ports and letting it reinstall, but now it came back! and uninstalling all the USB ports does not solve the issue + i cant use my mouse at all to do things cause it connects via USB, occasionaly i get this message

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:52 AM

Please run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and post the results.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 bobla

bobla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

It won't let even connect to the internet with my wifi usb, is there something else I can check without using the internet?

I can't even use a mouse there now

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Does your computer have PS2 ports ?  If it does, you could try begging, borrowing, stealing or even buying a PS2 connected mouse. Failing that you can get a USB - PS2 adapter which will allow you to plug a USB mouse into a PS2 port. This might allow you to get past the problem of not being able to navigate inside your computer which would then allow you to try various tools to try and solve your problem.

But in your next post, give the make and  model details of your computer.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 bobla

bobla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

I just restored an earlier update and what I believe is the culprit is some windows update that's f'ing up the USB ports. The results for the upgrade advisor are all green "V"'s . I guess I won't update because i can't know which one those update does this.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

You need to answer Chris's questions.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

I guess I won't update because i can't know which one those update does this.

There is a way around that problem - it's tedious, but it is a way around it.

Install your updates in batches of say five or ten at a time, then test. If no problems, go on to the next batch. When you do find the problem resurface, then you have only five or ten to uninstall then re-install one at a time, testing between each update. When you establish which one is causing the problem, then just skip it.

As I said - tedious !  But it is a working solution.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users