Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD On boot after trying to merge a partition

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ricey83

Ricey83

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

Hey all. I have read a bit since I got this problem yesterday but my problem now is my keyboard (wireless) is not been recognised.

The way this error happened was I was using minitool partition master to merge my C: drive with unocallicated space. As it was working my PC reboot itself... Then omfg a bsod error NO plz NO was my thinking.

It gives a error unmountable_boot_volume

.it seems this is something that happens often from what I've read anyway to fix it my info was use a xp CD repair etc.. But now my keyboard won't work I'm just stuck on boot normal and have to wait the 30s or so to get it to boot to that damm blue screen.

Please I'm begging someone to help me I really don't wanna miss my ffootball today :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,888 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

I'm sorry - but by the time I saw this you have probably missed your football.

If the only thing stopping you running the repair CD is your wireless keyboard then your simplest answer would be to borrow a USB or PS2 connected one. If you have the choice, one with a PS2 connector would be better as I have come across computers running XP that will not boot with a USB connected mouse or keyboard.

I suspect you have done rather more damage to your OS than you think, but try a different keyboard first. If you still have problems, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Ricey83

Ricey83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:31 PM

Yea I think u are spot on I did miss the football lol no u r right I need to get a old PS2 keyboard, shouldn't be hard getting one of them. No one really needs them anymore. Its a old PC it was working great do! If its a gonner so b it but I hope not because I'm in the process of building my own monster :-) I'd hate to have to fork out on a PC pro built I'll try a PS2 tomorrow and report back. Thanks all.

#4 Ricey83

Ricey83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:20 PM

I got it working, the keyboard. I reformatted my PC and done a fresh install of xp. Now its booting no errors but my CPU is running at 100% all of the time in task manager. Its a brand new installation and iv scanned for malware viruses all that but its showing as clean as can be! 

Anyone know what could be causing this? And how I could fix or what to do about troubleshooting how to?

Cheers.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users