Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

logonUL.exe application error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raelph

raelph

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:42 AM

today I got this message when I tried to start my computer. (Windows 8.1 OS)

LogonUL.exe  Application error

the instruction at Oxbf1985ef referenced memory at Ox00000014.

The memory could not be read.

Click OK to terminate the program.

I never get to logon....it doesn't get that far.  Instead after clicking OK a small rotating disc comes up and my mouse can give an arrow. Doesn't matter where I put the arrow even outside of edges...no help.

Rotation continues and screen loses intensity of dark bluish color and gains and loses and gains. Rotating disc continues all the while.

I have tried what some other thread suggested Pressing f5 and f8 and right shift key and f8 multiple times.

I have tried closing the computer and trying to start again, several times.

No luck.  There is no disc for booting that came with the computer (an HP 14r032TU) and I wonder what else I can try. The computer is 8 weeks old.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raelph

raelph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:50 AM

found out how to solve this problem

press SHIFT and at the same time press rapidly F11. Until you are asked to reload the defaults . you lose everything...but you have the machine going again. (another good reason to always have backups of files)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users