Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is it necessary to know c++ to learn HTML &PHP.??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ramesh_oraon

ramesh_oraon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:52 PM

I want to learn web designing. So i am starting by learning about HTML. But i dont have knowledge about c++ programing. SO, i want to know is there any relation between these. Do i have to study c++ to learn HTML???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:23 AM

No. C++ is object oriented
Have a look at
w3schools.com

#3 NullPointerException

NullPointerException

• Banned
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:53 AM

No. Not at all...C++ is a big, big language and is not used for web development. There is a sky-shattering difference between HTML  and C++.

A typical C++ program 

#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
#include <string>
#include <cmath>
#include <vector>
#include <sstream>
#include <cstdio>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
    std::ifstream file("maze.txt");
    if (file) {
        std::vector<char> vec(std::istreambuf_iterator<char>(file), (std::istreambuf_iterator<char>()));
        vector<char> path;
        int x = 17;
        char entrance = vec.at(16);
        char firstsquare = vec.at(x);
        if (entrance == 'S') { 
            path.push_back(entrance); 
        }
        for (x = 17; isalpha(firstsquare); x++) {
            path.push_back(firstsquare);
        }
        for ( int i = 0; i < path.size(); i++) { 
            cout << path[i] << " "; // post-increment
        }
        cout << endl;
        return 0;
    }
}

And a typical HTML script.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h2 style="color:red">I am Red</h2>
<h2 style="color:blue">I am Blue</h2>

</body>
</html>

As you can see, there are not related at all. Aside from C++, there are OOP languages like C#, C, Pascal, Python, COBOL etc.

#4 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:53 PM

Absolutely not. They are two entirely different languages for different purposes. HTML is used to create hypertext web pages, like the website you are on now. C++ is usually used to create executable programs on your PC. So no, you do not need to know C++ to start out with HTML.

#5 Lorel

Lorel

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:56 AM

HTML = web design

C++ = programming (building software)

If you want to design website's you'll also need to learn CSS (cascading stylesheets) which apply styling to all fonts, backgrounds, borders,  etc.

You will also need to learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for web designing.

Programming is not necessary for building a website because you can get these via open source.

I've seen a lot of programmers who know nothing about SEO destroy website ranking, so you will need to be proficient in all of the above if you are a programmer.

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,507 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

Way back in 1996-1998, I had an able college web site, which was basically designed to act similar to "Reader's Digest," you simply use your dial-up modem, get in, do all the reading you wanted.  One can even download either the text file, or [Ofc 97 flat-file] doc file, or even the zip file of the article you're reading, and each article carried a full bibliography.  This flat-land web site was created and modified using DOS's PC-Write 3.02, and now & then Edit Plus Pro [early windows].

Depending upon who your target audiences will be, what material you desire to give to said audiences, how fancy or how plain [read: EZ to access, EZ to read] -- such will drive what programs you use to create your htmls.

If you're interested in my early-bird htmls, PM me, I can place some of them on Google MyDrive.

Edited by RolandJS, 07 March 2015 - 11:13 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users