Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

It's Christmas!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:07 PM

Can we build a snowman? 

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg

I can't think of a better place to spend the day after Thanksgiving than here on BC with all the great members and staff! This is just my fight against boredom :) AND one of my personal creative outlets (stolen nail art). Just getting in the holiday spirit. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:47 PM

Wowzie Stolen!  You created your nail pattern yourself? Awesome!

I can agree that spending the day here in BC was far better than breaking your nails in the crazy Black fight of your life sales!! :clown:

In any event, your nails are very festive!  When you do add the LED wireless lights!  HaHa! :santa:

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

Don't upset us grouches with Christmas talk, at my time it comes too quickly

When you do add the LED wireless lights!  HaHa!

You could change that to "Where" do you add the LED lights!  :devil:

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,555 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:40 AM

You could change that to "Where" do you add the LED lights!

No I wont say a word. :hysterical:

#5 Stolen

Stolen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:57 AM

ummmm...no! I'm not sayin A SINGLE WORD either!

lol! 

*tears* owwwwwwww it hurts............ ROFL

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,555 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:22 AM

ummmm...no! I'm not sayin A SINGLE WORD either!

A picture is worth a thousand words.

#7 princecharming

princecharming

• Banned Spammer
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:50 AM

I wish you all a Merry Christmas my all dear friends. I wish that this Christmas brings a lot of happiness and joy for all of youi and your families. I also wish you a very Happy New Year 2015 in advance guys.

#8 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:51 PM

Loved the nails, I copied the link to my beloved who is rather proud of her's. You'll make her jealous !

Christmas ?  Bah, Humbug !

Chris Cosgrove

Her reaction ?  They're super !

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 29 November 2014 - 07:56 PM.
Addition

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#9 Stolen

Stolen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

Softeyes!! *waves and waves at you* ...they're still drying! lol

TYSM Yes. i did them and all hand painted...the little snowman hat needs a touch up as he looks like he is melting a bit LOL

Yeah we need lights...stay tuned!! 

Chris! Hiya! Give your dearly beloved a great big Snowman HUG for me! Tell her it would be awesome to do our nails together (that is if we lived on the some continent! lol)

Have you guys put up a tree? Who has a tree up? : D

#10 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:25 PM

Beautiful Nails Stolen, a true work of art. :)

Your hands are far steadier than mine, no way I could perform such a task. I do good to put that blue coating on the screws w/out making a mess of it. 

Yes, we've put up a tree, last week, though a small one. So little, one would think we went to the field, snipped it off & ran. 3 feet tall, and my wife decorated it. Thirsty little tree too, have already had to add water three times. 

Happy Holidays to everyone! :santa:

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#11 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:09 AM

Thanks, Stolen. Where do you load the batteries?

Here is my contribution to the Season. From my favorite pod caster, Mike Duncan:

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/c/8/f/c8f8835382a52b81/18-_A_History_of_Rome_Christmas.mp3?c_id=1453532&expiration=1417353433&hwt=5fdd4161a02009f7f6194a2c57e5d2fa

Happy Saturnalia!!

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#12 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:53 PM

"Where do you load the batteries?"

could power the things with an RFID like mechanism, have a high(ish) powered radio generator strapped round your upper arm or waist (probably waist, you might need a whole backpack to provide the power needed to light an LED when done wirelessly) and then a fine wire coil attached to the LED to power it. That was how early crystal radio sets worked, the signal provided enough power to run the speaker from just the signal it was picking up, it's how many modern locks work, it can certainly be done to power a couple of LEDs. What's more because of the inverse square drop off of radio signals you would see the LEDs visibly dim as the wearer moved her hand away from the radio transmitter. This way the batteries can be hidden in your backpack/handbag/on your belt and the lights just need some wires spiralling out from across your hand, the wires could even add some extra decoration.

Personally i think it's much to early to think of christmas though, it's a month away! christmas is one day in the year, advertisers decided that it should be a whole period so they would have longer in which to make the bulk of their year's profit. There is a song my Tom Lehrer which sums it up perfectly, amongst his words are "hark the herald angels sings, advertising wondrous things.." and "bless ye merry merchantmen, may you make the yuletide pay..." and that was fifty years (approx) ago, it's only got worse over time. I think about christmas on the 24th, by evening on the 25th it has gone from my mind and won't return for a year. Another song you may appreciate, though you might appreciate it more on christmas day itself, is "all i want for chritmas is cash" ,probably best to make sure everyone you know hears it several times before the 25th.

Edited by rp88, 01 December 2014 - 10:54 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#13 princecharming

princecharming

• Banned Spammer
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

Hey there it's Christmas today guys. I feel very happy on this great day. Today our God Jesus comes in this world. He was born in the lap of Mary Mother. She is so careful for Jesus, when they born. Because that time's rulers are very cruel.

#14 Stolen

Stolen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:23 PM

okay rp88!!! it's almost time now! 

Who has a tree? and any pressies??

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

A handmade tree on the left with presents on the right  

And giltter all silver and red :)

Edited by Stolen, 15 December 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#15 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:29 PM

oops_zps5c9a0967.jpg

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users