Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Not Responding" Computer

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:19 AM

Hello -
You are correct with your drives and it shows in the first full MiniToolBox Scan, plus in your Speccy link

1 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:148.91 GB) (Free:65.35 GB) NTFS
3 Drive e: (DATA Drive) (Fixed) (Total:931.5 GB) (Free:115.67 GB) NTFS

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1:Computer type: Mini Tower
Installation Date: 9/3/2013 12:13:42 PM

From Drive e (the larger one) Capacity: 931 GB :Real size: 1,000,204,886,016 bytes
Used Space: 815 GB (87%) Free Space: 115 GB (13%)

While from Drive c (the smaller one)
Capacity: 149 GB:Real size: 160,000,000,000 bytes

Did you have a game CD in the computer while running the scans ?? This makes it hard for us to guage your free space.

Could you please re run MiniTollBox only select List Users Partitions and Memory size, and make sure no CDs or USB sticks are inserted

Also with your post, please tell us if you store a great amount of data in there, and what type of data (Generally only)

Then Copy / Paste that small Result.txt back here.

Thank You -

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 vtl3689

vtl3689
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

Yes, Lighthouse, it is still freezing.

#33 vtl3689

vtl3689
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:41 PM

Hi Noknojon,

How are you doing?  It is great hearing from you.  You helped me last year with a problem I was having with system restore.  I will be  re running the minitoolbox as you requested.

Thanks for looking in.

#34 vtl3689

vtl3689
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

Noknojon.,

Here is the results of the minitoolbox I just ran.  There was no disc or USB in the drives. I am trying to use the smaller hard drive for programs, etc. and the large one for storage of pictures, documents and some movies/tv shows I have downloaded and are converting to disc.

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 30-11-2014
Ran by r2e (administrator) on 10-12-2014 at 14:42:10
Running from "C:\Users\r2e\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium  Service Pack 1 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

Thanks for your help again.

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 72%
Total physical RAM: 3060.97 MB
Available physical RAM: 826.68 MB
Total Pagefile: 6120.23 MB
Available Pagefile: 3453.54 MB
Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
Available Virtual: 1952.17 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:148.91 GB) (Free:75.88 GB) NTFS
3 Drive e: (DATA Drive) (Fixed) (Total:931.5 GB) (Free:83.1 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\LOPEZ

Administrator            Guest                    r2e                      

**** End of log ****

#35 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

Hi, and I did recall you so I dropped in also.

From the first "full MiniToolBox" as Louis asked you to run, we got these readings  showing a CDROM in Drive:f

1 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:148.91 GB) (Free:65.35 GB) NTFS
3 Drive e: (DATA Drive) (Fixed) (Total:931.5 GB) (Free:115.67 GB) NTFS
4 Drive f: (Las Vegas Season 1) (CDROM) (Total:7.71 GB) (Free:0 GB) UDF

You may have just not remembered it was there at the time, and it was large (reading 7.71GB)

I just was noticing that nobody read this or paid attention to it, so I just thought it may add to the problem.

Since your Drive e has a lot of installed (read saved) movies / TV / etc. it is going to slow the system while the 150GBHDD is doing all (or most of) the work alone.

You have removed some minor troubles over the last few days, and you can see this in the Free space readings, but you have added to Drive e: again already.

Drive e: has already gone from Total:931.5 GB - Free:115.67 GB

Up to its current reading of Total:931.5 GB - Free:83.1 GB

The time has about come to Download a few Movies / Pictures / etc. to DVD and some stored Music / etc. to CDs

You can only watch so many shows and listen to so much music at the same time ...... If you follow what I mean ......

I was just as guilty as I had all 6 seasons of Big Bang Theory still installed so I pulled them out, and now they sit in decorated covers on a shelf to watch when I want to.

So it should be simple for you to pull a few movies or old shows and some music for your CD collection (or throw out if not wanted)

Then you can start fresh and use the clean space if you want to start collecting again ............

You need to be cruel at times to be kind in the long run -

Your ideas on this ?? Thank You -

#36 vtl3689

vtl3689
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

Noknojon,

I have been converting to dvd's as quickly as possible and have not added anything.  Although I understand slowness with all of the stuff that is on the E: drive, I do not understand the freezing or "Not Responding" that I get all of the time. It happens even if I am trying to use an independent program, like the program on the processor to take the shows off of the computer and put them on the dvd.  It will freeze and stays that way for a little while.  So need-less-to-say, it is really slowing things down in getting stuff removed.  It doesn't matter what I am running, Firefox, IE, Google, AFT Cleaner, Malwarebytes, uTorrent, DvdStyler, etc. etc.  They all freeze up to "Not Responding".

My adobe flash and/or shockwave (which ever you want to call it) also keeps crashing. 

The computer you helped me with before finally bit the dust right after I had a 1T hard drive installed.  The new processor runs Windows 7 and does some "different" things.  Like if I click to open AFT Cleaner my screen goes black and then the program comes up on the monitor.  This happens with 9 out of 10 programs. 

Can I reinstall Java, etc.?

Thanks

Is there anything else you want me to run?

#37 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

Can I reinstall Java, etc.? I say YES it should never have been removed, just download updates.from HERE
Do not accept any free offers or tool bars as they are not part of Java.

If it is (AFT Cleaner) ATF Cleaner by Atribune, it is generally replaced by Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer Click Start > Exit when finished.

My adobe flash and/or shockwave (which ever you want to call it) also keeps crashing. New links there for both of them. << Updated links for both

Untick the McAfee free offer as it is just advertising.

DvdStyler is one of the lower rated programs (3 out of 10)  Even CDBurnerXP Now updated for win 7 is much better.

SCService.exe3.10.0.153fc0a5dSCService.exe3.10.0.153fc0a5dc00000050005b5c9b0c01d01353e25c23afC:\Program Files\Luth Research\SavvyConnectFramework\bin\scservice\SCService.exeC:\Program Files\Luth Research\SavvyConnectFramework\bin\scservice\SCService.exed56aff70-8029-11e4-bcf0-001ec9594710
From your errors. Someone had installed IObit programs, and the Chinese are still spying listening

It is a bona fide IObit SpyWare file it can be dangerous, as it checks your files
IObit > InfoTool (Note: Cleans left-overs after a normal uninstall) << From Fred deVries Read the Info part and then complete the Uninstalling

Tell me if anything is still wrong, as I will Watch it - - -

#38 vtl3689

vtl3689
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:37 PM

Thank you noknojon,  I have installed Java via your link and run TFC.  Is there any way to put an icon on my desktop so I can use it that way?  I am using your link for adobe and hopefully that will help.  I am not sure what happened but since that other stuff I did I have acquired a new search browser called Groovorio and DuckDuckGo.  Where these came from is a good question as I am really careful about stuff.  I am also getting messages that I am running slow and to call some 866 number saying it is M/s (which it isn't, I checked with M/s tonight when I was talking to them about my tablet!).  ANd I just noticed that I now have OptimizerPro on my desktop which I NEVER asked for.

I will try CDBurnerXP.  Before DVD Styler I was using DVD Flick but had to stop as it would not convert to an 8.5 disc.  Figured it was because of Windows 7 vs XP.

Thanks again for your help

#39 vtl3689

vtl3689
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

Noknojon,  I was clicking on your tool for cleaning IObit and a new page opened with "Instant Tech Support: Fix Your Computer Over the Phone/Free Quote"  This is the third time tonight I have seen this and a chat windows opens with it.  I think I have a problem, cause it is telling me the same kind of stuff that the message I was getting about the slow computer click Ok was saying.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let me know what to run so we can get rid of all of this stuff.  I wonder if it has anything to do with my screen going black when I click to open a program?

#40 vtl3689

vtl3689
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:41 AM

I am also getting ads from CrimeWatch

#41 vtl3689

vtl3689
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:51 AM

And thisBy Downloading from updatergo.com you will receive an installer provided by Network Downloads and reimageplus and adshostnet.  What is happening???  I am now officially going crazy.

#42 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:00 AM

First : Be sure to read as many of the conditions with any programs. and untick any free offered programs that come with them -

You installed something that was not in my links ..I just checked them all.

Download BitRemover version 1.4.2 (107.5 KB) <<This is the link in IObit Removal Cleanup - I just ran it and it is clean 100%

Open Control Panel > Programs and Features, and if any of your listed items (or similar items) ae there > Right click > Delete -

Remove Groovorio from Internet Explorer

Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
Open the General tab.
Change the home page and click OK.
Press Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
Click Toolbars and Extensions and remove unwanted extension.
Click Search Providers and set a new default search engine.

Remove Groovorio from Google Chrome

Press Alt+F and point to Tools.
Click Extensions.
Remove unwanted extensions.
Click Settings.
Under On startup, select the last option and click Set pages.
Set a new startup page.
Under Search, click Manage search engines and click enter the URL of your new default search provider. Click Ok.

Remove Groovorio from Mozilla Firefox

Press Alt+T and click Options.
Open the General tab and change the home page.
Click OK.
Press Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
Remove unwanted extensions.
Close the tab.
Click the search engine icon next to the search box and select a new search provider.

You will have some of these and the only one to remove is AdwCleaner > Open the program > Hit Uninstall > Follow the directions for a new version .....

Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
 A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
 This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
 At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
 Please Copy / Paste the small log back here.

Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

NOW :

• Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
     * Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button (only once)
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button only once for accuracy.
  • A report (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for your review.
  • Check the listed removals and see if you are OK with them.
  • If you have questions, post the Report log back here.

Next

• Click on the Clean button only once for accuracy
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK finally to allow AdwCleaner to Restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a log report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • **Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply.**
  • To restore an item that has been deleted by accident : Open the program again,
  • Go to Tools (top left) > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore.

Note: With most Adware / Junkware / PUPs it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. In many cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes the adware more effectively, but it also restores any changed configuration. After uninstallation, then you can run specialized tools like AdwCleaner and JRT to fix any remaining entries they may find.

You already have this, so ignore the Download, and just Update it.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

• Follow the simple directions to install the program to desktop
  • Right click and choose "Run as administrator" to open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and from the Dashboard please Check for Updates by clicking the Update Now... link
  • Open up Malwarebytes > Settings > Detection and Protection > Enable Scan for rootkit and Under Non Malware Protection set both PUP and PUM to Treat detections as malware.
  • Click on the SCAN button and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the Scan Now>> button.
  • If you find malware and tick it to remove it, you may be asked th re-boot the computer to finish cleaning.
  • Once completed please click on the History > Application Logs and find your scan log and open it and then click on the "copy to clipboard" button and post back the results on your next reply.

Run ESET Online Scanner.

• For Internet Explorer users only, hold down Control  (Ctrl) and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the ESET Online button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu. to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives and Remove Threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    Scan potentially unwanted applications
     Scan for potentially unsafe applications
     Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
  • Please be patient as this will take some time (2 hours is not unusual for a first scan).
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

Please download Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer
1 .Download TFC from the download link above and save the file on your desktop.
2 .Close ALL running applications as TFC will terminate them before attempting to clean up the temporary files.
3 .Double-click on the TFC icon.
4 .When the program opens, click on the Start button.  TFC will terminate the Explorer process and all running applications and then begin the process of cleaning out all of your temp folders.
5 .When done, press OK > Exit, and reboot your computer and finish the cleanup
No log is produced or expected.
Note: After removing temp files, the computer may show to be slow than usual, but it will improve once the cache is rebuild.

Post these back with a report when you get time - Thank You

Edited by noknojon, 12 December 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#43 vtl3689

vtl3689
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:17 AM

Sorry nokonojon, I did not mean to say it was from you.  Absolutely not.  Even as I write this an ad by Crime Watch popped up and wants me to "click here" for instant support.  I will follow your instructions tomorrow after I get home from work.  I know you would not have me do anything that would hurt me!.  Thanks

#44 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:22 AM

As an extra -

Some may be due to the latest M/soft updates .......

On 18 September 2014, Apple included DuckDuckGo in its Safari browser as an optional search engine. On 10 November 2014, ""Mozilla added DuckDuckGo"" as a search option to Firefox 33.1.

Firefox updates are also filtering through now, so this is regarded as a good search engine.

It is just another Google .............. and it can be removed, but the latest updates "forced it on you" a bit too quick, without asking permission first.

Just some information -

#45 vtl3689

vtl3689
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:30 PM

Here is Rkill:

Rkill 2.6.9 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2014 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Program started at: 12/12/2014 05:58:08 PM in x86 mode.
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Active Proxy Server Detected

* Proxy Disabled.
 * ProxyOverride value deleted.
 * ProxyServer value deleted.
 * AutoConfigURL value deleted.
 * Proxy settings were backed up to Registry file.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Backup Registry file created at:
 C:\Users\r2e\Desktop\rkill\rkill-12-12-2014-05-58-18.reg

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* No issues found.

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* No issues found.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* No issues found.

Program finished at: 12/12/2014 06:01:11 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 3 minute(s), and 2 seconds(s)

Next AdwCleaner coming up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users