Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lcd monitor getting no power

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smo1898

smo1898

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:27 PM

I have an I-Inc lcd monitor that is showing no sign of life at all. There is no power light or anything that comes on. Ive tried different cords and outlets but nothing changes...So i took it apart to check for bulging caps but didnt find any...Does anyone know of any tests or anything i can do to locate the problem. My know how is somewhat limited but i can solder and do have a multimeter. Any help would be appreciated.
there is no service manual available

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smo1898

smo1898
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

Im just asking for genral tips as i realize without the proper documentation the quest to find the problem is oh so hard

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

You have done the obvious things - changed the power cord, the connecting cable and checked for obvious faults on its circuit board. This is about as far as it is worth going. I'm afraid it is time for a new monitor.

Sorry !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users