Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help for first build

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chicagorob

Chicagorob

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

I'm using a Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 and Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H motherboard. Everything was going fine until I got to the front panel connections. Following, are the areas where I need assistance:

Reset Switch - The front panel connector isn't labeled with polarity( it has a red wire and a black wire). On one side of the connector, there is a little molded arrow, which lines up with the red wire. Can I assume this indicates the wire with positive polarity?

Power Switch - Similar to the above, in that the connector isn't marked with polarity(the wires are red and white). There is a molded arrow on one side that lines up with the red wire. As above, can I assume this indicates the wire with positive polarity?

Power LED - This has me confused. There are two Power LED locations on the front panel header. The first requres two wires, one positive and one negative. The second location shows three connection points: one positive and two negative. The case only provides wires for the two-wire connection. Am I OK with the two-wire connection option?

Speaker - There are four connection points on the front panel header for the audible startup status beep. The case doesn't provide this connector, so I am at a loss as to what to do at this point.

Any comments and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Rob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ihavanswer

ihavanswer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

The polarity of switches do not matter.

The 2 pin power LED should be fine, if it does not work, use the first and last pin of the 3 pin power led (not the middle one).

It is common for cases to not include a case speaker anymore.

#3 Chicagorob

Chicagorob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

#4 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:25 AM

a little molded arrow, which lines up with the red wire. Can I assume this indicates the wire with positive polarity?

Yes, at least that's what I always assume

Speaker - There are four connection points on the front panel header for the audible startup status beep. The case doesn't provide this connector, so I am at a loss as to what to do at this point.

You can buy one of those beeper things though if you want

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users