Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Will Not Power Up

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ElonOF06

ElonOF06

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:01 AM

I've got a Toshiba Satellite 5105- series laptop that will not power up. Everything was fine untill I entered the boot up password yesterday. After entering the password the laptop shut down and now will not power back up. Then the AC power light started flashing orange. Well, I unplugged the AC adapter and the light continued to blink. Next I took out the battery...light went out. I then plugged the AC adapter back into the computer without the battery. This time the AC power light came on green like normal, but when I push the power button to turn the computer on, the light starts flashing again.
Does anyone have any clue as to what is going wrong? I have a limited knowledge about computers that develops through trail and error. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ElonOF06

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jfirestorm44

jfirestorm44

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:26 AM

Hello ElonOF06, If you haven't already, try using the Toshiba support it might help try this

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...gngdgnj.0&ct=SB

Edited by jfirestorm44, 18 June 2006 - 01:29 AM.

#3 ElonOF06

ElonOF06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't seen that before, but I have already tried all of that.

Anyone else?

Edited by ElonOF06, 20 June 2006 - 12:19 AM.

#4 Daniel3679

Daniel3679

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:32 PM

have you tried clearing the cmos (this gets the bios back to its default setting)

The jumber should be located on the motherboard

If not take the bios battery(also located on the motherboard) out for a couple of minutes start the laptop with it out then turn the laptop off and insert the battery again then try powering up the laptop.
Dan - If its not broken dont fix it

Posted Image

#5 ElonOF06

ElonOF06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:40 PM

Nope, I don't know how to do either of those, but I'm sure I could get it done with a little write up/directions. Is that something I could Google?

#6 Daniel3679

Daniel3679

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:22 AM

:thumbsup: (Try this if it isnt still under warrenty) on the bottom of the laptop undo the screws so the case comes off and you can gain access to the mothorboard on the motherboard there should be a battery take it out for a couple of secounds then put it back in and try to power up the laptop

Posted Image

#7 ElonOF06

ElonOF06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:54 AM

Ok, I'm pretty sure if the battery was connected, I disconnected it last night. I tore the whole thing down and pretty much took everything apart that I could find. The only real 'battery' looking thing I found was green encased and looked to have two small round batteries in it. Is that what I was looking for? I also unplugged all of the ribbons and plugs I could see. At any rate, whatever I did, didn't help. I managed to put it all back together (all but 1 screw :thumbsup: ooops) and it still does the same thing. AC power light starts flashing (no real pattern) when I press down the power button.

Could a virus cause these symptoms?

#8 Daniel3679

Daniel3679

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:25 PM

it could be a virus but i wouldent have thought so perhaps theres somthing wrong with your screen what were you doing when it went funny

Posted Image

#9 ElonOF06

ElonOF06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:40 PM

Nothing, I had just opened it up and typed in the Boot or bios password and it crashed.

#10 Daniel3679

Daniel3679

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:33 PM

right try booting your laptop up leave it for about 10 seconds then enter your password and press enter

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users