Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hello, my bleeping internet explorer is not working

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 edlaura

edlaura

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:10 AM

I need help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 6,684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

:welcome:

Can you please provide some details?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18366/before-you-post-about-a-problem/

Do you have any other internet browsers installed, and if so, do they work?

Edited by Al1000, 28 November 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#3 edlaura

edlaura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:26 AM

had internet explorer and Firefox installed. tried to uninstall firefox to go back to explorer. now neither will work. internet explorer tries to open but an error message appears and asks if I want to go to home page or restore last session. which ever I choose the browser closes. Firefox does nothing.

#4 NullPointerException

NullPointerException

• Banned
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

Why did you uninstall Firefox to "get back" to IE? You can use two or more browsers at same time.

#5 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 6,684 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:05 PM

had internet explorer and Firefox installed. tried to uninstall firefox to go back to explorer. now neither will work. internet explorer tries to open but an error message appears and asks if I want to go to home page or restore last session. which ever I choose the browser closes. Firefox does nothing.

Did it work ok until you tried to uninstall Firefox?

What exactly did you do in trying to uninstall Firefox?

#6 edlaura

edlaura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:23 PM

both firefox and explorer were working until I uninstalled firefox. I also unstalled explorer by mistake. I have searched the net on another computer for free installation programs and downloaded to a flash drive. none of them will install. I tried to reinstall firefox also. no luck.

when I restart the laptop in question I get a acript error message that says "a script is running on this page: hhtp://cdn.montiera/mmc/jc'jquery.min.js"

#7 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 6,684 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

How exactly did you uninstall Firefox and Internet Explorer?

Did you use add/remove programs?

I suspect that uninstalling Internet Explorer might be the problem.

#8 edlaura

edlaura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:59 PM

is there a way to get it back without running a rescue disk?

#9 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,957 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

Yes - you can try doing a Windows restore. This will restore your computer to the condition it was in at the time of the restore point you choose.

I have just realised you are using XP !  Click 'Start - Search'. Select 'All files and folders' and type 'Restore' ( no quotes ' ' ). You will get presented with a list at the head of which will probably be 'System restore'. Double click on 'System restore' and the restore panel will open. Select 'Restore my computer to an earlier time' and carry on. You may only be offered one restore point, the latest. If this dates from before your problem started, select it. If it doesn't click on 'More recovery points' and pick one that does date from before your problem started.. You will probably get a couple of warnings that this is not reversible, accept them and let it do the restore. This usually takes about five minutes and at the end your computer may re-boot automatically.  Even if it doesn't do it automatically, re-boot any way and you should have both IE and Firefox back.

There is no need to uninstall Firefox. If you want to make IE your default browser just start it up by clicking on its icon and it will ask if you want to make IE your default, just click 'Yes'.

NOTE. The system restore process will not normally affect your data but it is a good idea to have anything important backed up before you start the process.

Chris Cosgrove

#10 edlaura

edlaura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:32 PM

Thanks for your time but nothing worked. I will have to use the rescue disk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users