Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bluetooth driver not found

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 RicardoVerdi

RicardoVerdi

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:03 AM

I have a bluesoleil bluenext BN01 micro bluetooth adaptor. I bought it 28 Oct 2010. I used to use it, but I haven't used it for a few months. It still works in my old XP computer, but I can't now get it to work on my vista laptop. It did work on this laptop before. A message on screen on the bluesoleil window says "Please insert a Bluetooth device". I have turned computer off & on again, taken adaptor out & put in again. Somehow windows is not recognising it. I presume it may be a driver problem but I may be wrong.
My Vista laptop has automatic updates. Blue soleil is version 2.7.0.35. I uninstalled & then reinstalled this from the CD that came with the adaptor. The adaptor has no buttons on it, it's very small; the whole thing is less than twice the size of the USB plug itself.
Could I have removed the driver for it? I don't think so, I don't remember doing so. In Control Panel, Bluetooth Devices has nothing listed. If I click "Allow bluetooth devices to find this computer" then an error message says "An error occurred while windows was saving your settings. A Bluetooth device might be unplugged"
In Device Manager, Bluetooth Devices has a Bluetooth Bus Enumerator, which it says is working properly. In Other Devices, there are 2 devices marked with a black ! in yellow.
The first is 802.11 n WLAN - it says 
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.
The second says Unknown Device, & it says 
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

[end of message]
Maybe one of these is causing a problem ?
When I tried to update the driver, I left the installation CD in the drive & told it to look there for a driver, but it found none.

When restarting the computer a message says windows needs to install driver software for your 802.11 n WLAN. It asks me to Locate and install driver software (recommended); windows will guide you through the process of installing driver software for your device. I insert the disk, but the bluesoleil bluenext disk I have doesn't do the job.

So windows seems to know there's hardware there that it doesn't recognise, but the driver seems to be rather elusive.

10 brownie points to anyone who can point out what I've missed. 
Thanks

Edited by RicardoVerdi, 28 November 2014 - 09:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,427 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:19 AM

The first device is your WIreless Lan Adapter. Are you hard wired to the modem/router with Ethernet?

The second device is probably your Bluetooth. Go here to get the driver.

Right click each device with the yellow exclamation mark. Select Properties. Under the details tab, select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line from each device in your next post.

611.png?w=604

#3 RicardoVerdi

RicardoVerdi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

Hello JohnC, & thanks for your speedy reply. I appreciate your attention.

Yes I am currently using cable to my router for internet connection.Maybe

I should have mentioned that I also found the same page you just sent the link to, but there is nothing there. It just says 

This web page is not available

Maybe it's available somewhere else. I tried broadcom & a few others but nothing I've done works yet.

#4 RicardoVerdi

RicardoVerdi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

JohnC,

Here are the hardware ID's you mentioned:

Bluetooth Audio:  {95C7A0A0-3094-11D7-A202-00508B9D7D5A}\BTAUDIO
Bluetooth High Quality Audio:  {95C7A0A0-3094-11D7-A202-00508B9D7D5A}\BTWAUDIO

The 2 long numbers above are identical.
I did try various ways to get this think working again, so I may have installed something incorrectly!

#5 RicardoVerdi

RicardoVerdi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:01 AM

Sorry I forgot to mention:

Bluetooth Bus Enumerator Hardware ID:

{95C7A0A0-3094-11D7-A202-00508B9D7D5A}\BTKRNL

Again, long number seems to be the same as ones above

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,427 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

I can't use those numbers. They need to be a vendor and device ID as shown in my image. Neither one of those is a Wireless Lan device (802.11 n WLAN) either.

Sorry, I did not check out those links. I will try and do some more research on the device. I can't find the home page of the company either.

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 November 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,427 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

Bluetooth Audio:  {95C7A0A0-3094-11D7-A202-00508B9D7D5A}\BTAUDIO
Bluetooth High Quality Audio:  {95C7A0A0-3094-11D7-A202-00508B9D7D5A}\BTWAUDIO
Bluetooth Bus Enumerator Hardware ID:

All these devices have yellow exclamation marks next to them?

#8 RicardoVerdi

RicardoVerdi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

Whoops, I got a bit carried away there.

The first 2 have the exclamation marks 
The  Bus Enumerator one doesn't.  It says: This device is working properly. [so I presume it is, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything useful]

I'm currently checking all references to bluetooth in my registry. 

I was trying to locate that bleunext homepage too Maybe it's moved somewhere.. The wireless-driver.com website you mentioned also has links to download (complete) IVT Bluesoleil 3.0 for WinXP, Windows Vista, Win7. I don't know if this might work for me, but when I click the link, to 4shared.com , Google Chrome tells me:

The site ahead contains malware
Attackers currently on www.4shared.com might attempt to install dangerous programmes on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages and credit cards). ... [& more]

So I'm a bit dubious about downloading anything there

Edited by RicardoVerdi, 28 November 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#9 RicardoVerdi

RicardoVerdi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

I double-checked; there are no vendor names listed in Control Panel under Hardware ID's, or anywhere else that I can see. 

I'm thinking would I be better off deleting all references to bluetooth in the registry & control panel (well I suppose they are linked anyway) & then try & start again?

As far as i know the laptop itself (Dell Vostro 1710)doesn't have bluetooth capabilities; that's why I bought the dongle.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,427 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

Don't delete things out of the registry. In Device Manager right click and uninstall all references to Bluetooth. Right click the Device > Uninstall. Then under action select Scan for Hardware Changes. This should reinstall the drivers.

In your first post

"there are 2 devices marked with a black ! in yellow.

The first is 802.11 n WLAN - it says 
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

The second says Unknown Device"

Right click the Unknown Device, What is the Device and Vendor ID listed for it. Do the same for the 802.11 n WLAN device. Those should have proper Vendor and Device ID's.

#11 RicardoVerdi

RicardoVerdi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hi JohnC,

something has changed - I don't know why.

Under Other Devices now, there are 2 entries: first is Bluetooth Audio, 2nd is Bluetooth High Quality Audio. Neither give a manufacturer name.

It's bedtime here in Ireland. Thanks for all your help. I'll try it out tomorrow.

#12 RicardoVerdi

RicardoVerdi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

I uninstalled the entries under Other Devices, with the exclamation marks. Now there are no other devices listed. The dongle is plugged in. Under Bluetooth Devices, there is still Bluetooth Bus Enumerator, but I can't see a way of uninstalling or disabling it.

Task manager shows 2 processes: Broadcomm Bluetooth Media Server & Microsoft Bluetooth Media Server. If I try to end these processes, they reappear immediately (well they did just now, but when I tried it again the broadcomm one didn't reappear). The Microsoft one has image name NclMSBTSrvEx.exe . The bluetooth thing still doesn't work..

If I unplug the dongle & then end the process, the broadcomm application doesn't reappear. I plugged it in again & it still doesn't reappear.

The file NclMSBTSrvEx.exe is on my computer in C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports, along with 7 other .exe files all starting with Nc & all modified the same day 18/04/2013. I can't remember - maybe I was checking something that day! One of the file names is NclIVTBTSrv.exe . This may be the correct one as it has the IVT name in it. 

Still trying.

I'm still considering deleting all refs to bluetooth in the registry. Maybe one at a time & keep backup just in case? Or maybe there's an easier way!

Thanks

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,427 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

Before deleting anything in the registry see if this driver will work.

#14 RicardoVerdi

RicardoVerdi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

Thanks. Unfortunately the page your link brings me to 

http://www.serioux.com/files/archive_support/SRXA-BTD04U.rar

says 

404 error
Page not found

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,427 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

Sorry, I don't think I can be of further help. The bluetooth dongles are usually plug and play. There must be something in your Vista install that is preventing Bluetooth from functioning and I don't know what it could be.

I did find this bluetooth driver but I can't confirm if it will work. It lists quite a few chipsets. But, try the steps here first.

Edited by JohnC_21, 01 December 2014 - 09:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users