Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installation of Asus GeForce GT 730 brings my rig to a crawl!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hedleyn

hedleyn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

Hello folks,

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

I have this computer...yes its a dinosaur, i bought it years ago for my kids to play WOW.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01976263&lang=en&cc=us

Now he has grown up a bit, he wants to play more graphic intensive game which require DX11 which the crap GTX260 dosnt support !!!  really1 WTF!

So, I went out and bought the best bang for buck card I could find and thought...Ill stick to the GeForce to hopefully prevent andy issues with display driver conflicts etc etc (im not a tech guy by any means!!!!)

The card I bought is this

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GT7302GD3/

However, upon booting up it seems the rig just came to a crawl speed !  not what I expected at all.  is there some issue with compatibility?

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Edited by hedleyn, 27 November 2014 - 08:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ihavanswer

ihavanswer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

Have you installed the proper drivers/support software?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users