Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Issue (caused by internal hardware?)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lukeyslife

Lukeyslife

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

Hey everyone,

I have had an ongoing problem regarding mouse peripherals, the problem has been ongoing for about a year and a half.

Basically any mouse that I use on my computer, the tracking doesn't feel right; now I mostly play games so this is important but it also affects Windows 7.

The reason why this is posted in internal hardware is because I believe something may be conflicting or not working correctly, I have reinstalled Windows 7 and graphics drivers along with mouse drivers and various other fixes. But none have worked, it's not any acceleration but it feels like a constant "smoothing" no matter whether my DPI or sensitivity is low or high.  

It does feel much better in safe mode however, which I have read could be software but I still don't see how. I blame hardware as I have basically checked everything to do with software, the mice themselves, sensitivities and all of that 100% now. I have probably tried absolutely everything in that department.

is there anything I can try on my PC or check, which may fix this issue?

I can add more details upon request.

Many Thanks,

Luke

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

What kind of mouse are you using?

What kind of surface are tracking over?

Wireless or wired?

#3 Lukeyslife

Lukeyslife
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:55 AM

I am using the RAT 3 mouse by Madcatz, I own a Gigabyte M6900 + a Perixx MX2000IIB all with the same problem,

I have 3 different mouse pads, razer goliathus speed, razer sphinx, madcatz Glide. two are cloth based one is plastic.

All of my mice are wired

#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:10 AM

In the Device Manager, do you have any exclams or ? marks in the HID section?

#5 Lukeyslife

Lukeyslife
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:25 AM

I don't have any in that section, but there are two exclams in "other devices"

one is "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller, and the other is an "Unknown Device"

#6 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:25 AM

Since your mice are all USB, you may want to look into updating the USB Controller driver... see this http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/63946-63-universal-serial-controller .

If you want to t/s the Unknown Device fault, this link may help http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/how-to-troubleshoot-unknown-devices-that-are/d3f38bce-2e52-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 .

#7 Lukeyslife

Lukeyslife
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

Hi elf, 

thanks very much for the feedback, unfortunately I tried to update my Bios and it was wiped as the update wouldn't work.

I am waiting for a new Bios chip, with the new software installed hopefully that might help.

Thanks very much 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users