Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to take a screenshot??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 resa83

resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

I'd like to know how to take screen shots on my hp pavilion entertainment pc if anyone can help i'd be very grateful ....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

See Here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-vista

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,370 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:18 AM

The snipping tool is a good way to capture an image of the exact portion of the screen you want.  But if you are running Vista Basic you are going to be out of luck.  

If you have a version of Vista other than Home Basic, the Snipping Tool is included.  

To open the Snipping Tool click on Start, All Programs, Accessories, Snipping Tool. 

If you don't see it there, it may not be activated.  to activate it go to Control Panel and open Program and Features. 

In the task pane on the left, click Turn Windows features on or off, click Continue when prompted by User Account Control. 

Scroll through the list of features, check the box next to Tablet PC Optional Components, and click OK. Turning on these features gives you not only the Snipping Tool, but also the Tablet PC Input Panel, Windows Journal, and other stylus-related features.

If you still would rather make a screenshot, here you go.

How to make a screenshot

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Gandalf237

Gandalf237

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

If you're only interested in taking the screenshot of the "active window" you can always just use the "Alt+PrntScr" keyboard shortcut (press the alt key and the PrntScr key at the same time) which acts like a screen copy, then open "Paintbrush", click on "Edit", then "Paste".  This method has been around since Win95 and has always served me well.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,370 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

If you're only interested in taking the screenshot of the "active window" you can always just use the "Alt+PrntScr" keyboard shortcut (press the alt key and the PrntScr key at the same time) which acts like a screen copy, then open "Paintbrush", click on "Edit", then "Paste".  This method has been around since Win95 and has always served me well.

At the risk of sounding picky, it is "Paint". :grinner:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:51 AM

PicPick is my favorite. Once the screenshot has been taken, you can edit it easily and with many options, then upload it to Imgur.com or Imageshack in a snap. You can then copy/paste the images into forums in a few seconds.

#7 chrisupi007

chrisupi007

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:16 AM

I use Gyazo.

06977d9e2a1b2e0054406732af502b50.png

#8 constanswhite

constanswhite

• Banned Spammer
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:48 AM

I'd rather use Free Screenshot Capture. Because I can use its annotation tools to highlight the parts that matter.
3xvmetk.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users